Le Mans '66 (FORD v FERRARI in the US)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
This looks like it could be a cracking film.

Academy Award-winners Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in FORD v FERRARI, based on the remarkable true story of the visionary American car designer Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles (Bale), who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

In Theaters November 15

Associate
Ehm, in Formula One racing, the JP Ford-Cosworth team was the only team able to stand up to Ferrari in the late 70s and early '80s. In any case, one thing is for sure; even if the "wundercar" Mercedes team keeps on winning GPs on end, they will never be able to get even close to what Ferrari achieved in motor sports !:):)

Caporegime
It should read ‘to develop and hone a car built by British firm Lola’ but it won’t.

I also wonder how much of the back story will it show, like when Ford wanted to buy Ferrari and Enzo found out they wanted to replace him as head of the Racing Team, the only job he wanted, so he reneged on the whole deal and this angered Ford so they wanted to beat Ferrari in their own backyard. But didn’t the first time, only the second time. I suspect these bits will be whitewashed or simply not even in the film and they’ll win first time out.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
This was probably the best racing car movie I have ever seen. Must admit I am not a motorhead but I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Walked in not expecting much and got out very surprised.

Back
Top Bottom