• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Just ordered the Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC, looking forward to putting this card through its paces soon and joining the owners wall. Any recommendation on the best stable driver version to use?

Associate
Available from OcUK:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *BLACK FRIDAY DEAL* @ £439.99 inc VAT

11293-05-40G, Core Clock: 1845MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14400MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty.

Only £439.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Ordered this yesterday, be here Monday can't wait. Sending my reference back as RMA too many issues with it Coul Whine, stuttering etc.

Does anyone recommend pci power cables that aren't daisy chain?

Associate
So thinking of upgrading from my Vega 64. Was looking at the nitro+, but then just saw the + special edition ;)
Would I see much real-world benefit on the special edition? I'm looking for more of a plug&play experience. The last year of working with Adrenaline 19/ wattman has left me bald.

Soldato
So thinking of upgrading from my Vega 64. Was looking at the nitro+, but then just saw the + special edition ;)
Would I see much real-world benefit on the special edition? I'm looking for more of a plug&play experience. The last year of working with Adrenaline 19/ wattman has left me bald.

What you can expect:

Caporegime

Not worth it imo, around 10-ish fps depending on the game.

Associate
Coming from an GTX1070 I ordered the XFX RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra
Does anyone have already experience with this card? Could just find 1-2 benchmarks
Mostly concerned about coil whine.

Seems like the driver are stable enough now so I hope I won't face huge problems.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Gents & Lasses!

I have just joined the 5700xt Red Devil ranks. I have a quick question regarding power. I have a Corsair TXM850 which includes a single 8pin to a 2x 6+2 pin daisy chain. Is this suitable to power the card, or should I use 2 separate cables from the PSU?

Associate
Hi Gents & Lasses!

I have just joined the 5700xt Red Devil ranks. I have a quick question regarding power. I have a Corsair TXM850 which includes a single 8pin to a 2x 6+2 pin daisy chain. Is this suitable to power the card, or should I use 2 separate cables from the PSU?
use 2 separate cables is best:p:)

Associate
Just installed this special edition its beautiful lol and replaced my owl reference

photo sharing
cwzFhct

Associate
Would it be possible to replace the PSU but use the same cables? Or would you recommend using new cables?

Unfortunate! Coil whine can be caused by a certain combination of PSU and GPU, so a PSU change might cure it.

You should only ever use the cables that came with your specific model of PSU far as I know, unless the manufacturer indicates otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom