** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Soldato
Mine is here now, just updating firmeware as i type. Need to calm the brightness down but so far looks good.

Installed the driver and on screen controls software which then prompts the firmware update, i do have the usb plugged in as well.

Firmware takes a while longer than i expected lol

Edit -

No dead pixels and colours etc look great, i have a calibration tool but im happy with the way it looks to be fair. Some IPS glow but not much either.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is here now, just updating firmeware as i type. Need to calm the brightness down but so far looks good.

Installed the driver and on screen controls software which then prompts the firmware update, i do have the usb plugged in as well.

Firmware takes a while longer than i expected lol

Edit -

No dead pixels and colours etc look great, i have a calibration tool but im happy with the way it looks to be fair. Some IPS glow but not much either.

Congrats. Seems these LG monitors are a bit more consistent in quality than some of the ASUS/Acer stuff of the last few years (plus a fair bit cheaper too - although I guess the dropping of the Nvidia module/tax has a lot to do with that. :D)

Brightness is a little eye-searing at default. :D

FWIW, I'm on:

Brightness: 50
Contrast: 53
Sharpness: 50
Gamma: Mode 4
Colour Temp: Custom
RGB: 40/50/50

Note my Red setting on the RGB. I found - like a few other users - that the red is pushed way too hard by default, resulting in an over-saturation of that colour. It looks good now that I've dialled it back, and matches my ASUS ProArt monitor, which I've always been very happy with.

Associate
So oc just told me if I order now I won’t get one till January despite it beiing available almost everywhere else in the world, UK buyers have been screwed the this “deal” and honestly I expect better from Overclockers. I honestly don’t even know what to buy rn

Associate
Only the VX2758-2KP-MHD has been cheaper. I almost got one when they were in stock for £300. Glad I waited.. even the £400 PX7 has gone out of stock now.

Associate
Only the VX2758-2KP-MHD has been cheaper. I almost got one when they were in stock for £300. Glad I waited.. even the £400 PX7 has gone out of stock now.

Oh damn, i was looking at that monitor too. I honestly thought that would get a little discount considering Black Friday and all but turned out LG got it instead.. not that i am complaining :D

Associate
Hi
Can someone pls confirm that the GL83A is similar to the Gl850 as looking to get my son an 850 for Xmas and no luck. Will get the 83A if not much in it. Many thanks

Associate
The 27GL83A-B is very tempting for that price!

Although I already have a U2715H, which may be old and only 60hz, but has lovely picture quality... (I also think the design is a bit cleaner than the LG).

But the LG is so cheap for what it is!

Associate
Hi
Can someone pls confirm that the GL83A is similar to the Gl850 as looking to get my son an 850 for Xmas and no luck. Will get the 83A if not much in it. Many thanks

GL83A lacks USB and a wide gamut backlight from what I can tell. Personally a standard gamut backlight like on the 83 is preferable to me!

Associate
I can't see much difference between this and the 27GL850?
There's not much going by these reviews other than the 2 usb ports. For gaming they are neck and neck.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl850-b

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b

So the 27GL83A-B is sRGB, 27GL850-B is DCI-P3 gamut and has a USB hub. Otherwise they are completely identical, the 83 identifies as 850 in Windows.

HDR apps and a Bluray/game console use the DCI-P3 gamut. HDR however is not that exciting on these monitors. Translating sRGB to DCI-P3 and you have to imagine you're taking a 0-100 scale and you are stretching it, what was on 2 moves to 4, etc but with the exception of blu-ray movies, all the content you consume will be on sRGB gamut, and I don't think that will change soon.

Back
Top Bottom