• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Yes and maybe, if you guess where these blurry bars going.

5P3EJOi.png

TR-1.png

https://www.wepc.com/news/ryzen-threadripper-release-date/

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-threadripper-3970x
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-threadripper-3960x

So, 3970X ~16,890 CR20 points, and 3960X ~13,650 CR20 points.

Soldato
Will be interested to see what the single thread score will be. If those blurries are true then they look to be monstrous!

You know what time NDA is lifted?

14:00 UTC, 9:00 EST so 2pm in "real terms" :D

If you see all the review sites, those using the 3950X against the 10980XE show how savage is the beating by AMD atm. Even overclocked the 10980XE cannot beat the stock 3950X on productivity workloads!!!!!
It doesn't take much to realize how bad it would be against the 3960X let alone the other chips.

Permabanned
If you see all the review sites, those using the 3950X against the 10980XE show how savage is the beating by AMD atm. Even overclocked the 10980XE cannot beat the stock 3950X on productivity workloads!!!!!
It doesn't take much to realize how bad it would be against the 3960X let alone the other chips.

This is why intel slashed the price in half and upped the clocks by 300MHz. From $1979 down to $979.

Associate
Desktop Ryzens already murdered intel HEDT and now Threadrippers rip them to shreds, leaving no hope. No Blahblah Lake upcoming release will help.

Permabanned
Desktop Ryzens already murdered intel HEDT and now Threadrippers rip them to shreds, leaving no hope. No Blahblah Lake upcoming release will help.

The desktop Ryzen 9 3950X murdered the intel HEDT but intel chips like i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K are alive and well, enjoying sales which comfortably they had had before July.

HEDT is niche of a niche and it doesn't matter in the global scheme of things.
Intel still complains they can NOT meet the demand for their chips. Which is what is truely telling and disturbing.

Last edited:
Soldato

Kitguru have reviews on Intel new HEDt and indeed waited until today to do their new Threadripper 3000s

It would appear from many tests that AMDs top of the line is twice as powerful as Intels top of the line in virtually all tests barring specific memory latency.

It completely dominates the HEDT markets, and is the same price as the intel chip was last year (until they cut the price in half)
Also has loads of PCI lanes, and loads on in out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
New Bios for elite from 21/11, F10 final. Quicker boots for me from F10a, removes that hang you get before the Aorus logo, couple new options in bios.
Updated. Seems you can OC in BIOS by CCX now? I only plan on doing all core 4.4GHz soon though so it does not make a difference to me, but nice to see.

Still wondering what is new in the chipset drivers that just came out, they don’t seem to publish a change log.

Soldato
Finally got my hands on a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.4B (stuck on 1.0.0.3ABB otherwise, no not ABBA). There are a few bugs which are preventing me from hitting my previous IF/RAM clock of 1800 MHz (3600 MT/s) so I've had to drop my IF/RAM to 1766 MHz (3533 MT/s) to get the thing to boot, which is rather annoying. However, Cinebench scores are still up 2.0% MT and 4.6% ST despite the drop in IF/RAM speed. Using Ryzen Balanced and older drivers; will update to new chipset drivers tonight.

Back
Top Bottom