ATX in Silverstone's ITX RVZ 03- ***full water and dual 240's ??

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, from gaming or just idling? Under what circumstances does it do this?

just idle . fine before I took out of old system into new.

I have a feeling might have damaged PCIe cable a little due to taking out the card and case so many times whilst modding . do plan on getting a new cable once everything is in place

Soldato
just idle . fine before I took out of old system into new.

I have a feeling might have damaged PCIe cable a little due to taking out the card and case so many times whilst modding . do plan on getting a new cable once everything is in place
Could be bad Sata cable as well, i had a similar issue where a bad cable caused me black screens and fans to a 100% because it would feed an intermittent signal. Replaced that and it was all fine again.

Soldato
That PCIe cable has taken a lot of punishment over the past couple of months - didn't look particular healthy in one of the pics(?). Your gut feeling may be correct.

Sob story email to Silverstone, they've been great with support to date?

Soldato
OP
That PCIe cable has taken a lot of punishment over the past couple of months - didn't look particular healthy in one of the pics(?). Your gut feeling may be correct.

Sob story email to Silverstone, they've been great with support to date?

Been great but PCIe bracket was cooler master vertical mount kit, so need another one to use that cable for its mounting points to the bracket etc

Soldato
Been great but PCIe bracket was cooler master vertical mount kit, so need another one to use that cable for its mounting points to the bracket etc
Ah, forgot about that neat work around - direct appropriate 'worded tears' towards them, you never know :)

These extra bits are starting to mount up :/

Soldato
OP
Ah, forgot about that neat work around - direct appropriate 'worded tears' towards them, you never know :)

These extra bits are starting to mount up :/

Aye, least I had them to start with . Didn't account for having to get the Eisbaer LT, but alpha sent the low profile parts . could have used silent loop version butight meant I can use one silent wing 3 fan

Soldato
OP
#shouldvejustgoneitx
:p

can do . But I have 3 NVMe (dont have to pay for samsung gear ) . also triple slot GPU still would have had issues fitting in standard stock

also- thinking of hinging the side panel as a door!

how 11/8mm compression look against low profile 12.7/7.5mm server purpose compression fittings

V7gqRso.jpg

looks matches the rad very nicely too

TLfnmUT.jpg

"shortie got low low low!"
hmgaOO9.jpg

will have to get some snaps of the TPV tubing, very tight bend radius which is a HUGE plus !

lunch time sort out. worked out can have the temp sensor mounted.... yet ! will clash with Heatsink or ram

DtpQcsH.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Plec @tamzzy @AVCaseMods

240mm is in!!!! (just not filled yet)

iLhGpvw.jpg

Kids were put to bed and whilst waiting for them to knock off next door- assembly ! Tubes were measured longer so could see how it would fit in the case and trim down
We9cySr.jpg

Used the curve from the tubing in the packaging to my advantage - literally the tubing layout , spirals to the Core
ba2c1fV.jpg

"shortie got low low low"
vCLipkX.jpg

does she work first time ?
7ElItCb.jpg

nope...

In the case and could see trimming would be needed ! key issue- the height of @8 Pack / Team Groups xtreme range . Normally use sets of the 8 Pack Dark as they are lower and can be lowered - really hope you put together a 4000hz version ! Think I might have to rip off the Heatsinks
aMJ4SxL.jpg

Tubing lengths to long top and bottom ( always set your tubing longer then cut down shorter )
xlhOgOU.jpg
u3R4IFb.jpg

like a Cat, If I fits I sits ! (Again Plec my parenting skills, 4 and 2 yr old left to feed themselves breakfast this morning whilst im on the floor near by... one of them needed a new top ...)
yidAXqN.jpg

Now.... Im thinking of Hinging the Side panel to make a nice swing out door . firstly just easier and secondly I would tired of having to screw the panel in/out/in/out etc
If I was smart I could cut either Metal or Acrylic panel cut to full size with venting holes and rad mounts cut out ....
tvW36Pj.jpg

Slight bulge at the top in the middle - tubing might be catching on ram a little higher- before mounting to panel it was within the chassis by 3-4mm
iLhGpvw.jpg

Fan issues. I've realised the stock fans are actually slower 1500rpm versions of ones listed on Silverstonetek website (black frame, white blades) and ARGB version, these are 2000rpm.

19dB vs 23dB / 35CFM vs 55CFM and then static pressure of 0.8 vs 1.5

Man of Honour
The stock fans are the noisiest part of the build. The motor isn't the best. If you want to change them, the prolimatech isn't a bad shout.

Soldato
OP
The stock fans are the noisiest part of the build. The motor isn't the best. If you want to change them, the prolimatech isn't a bad shout.

http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=2722&subid=2729#showtab

Dimension 120 x 120 x 15mm
Bearing Double Ball Bearing
Net Weight 91g
Fan Speed PWM 400 ~ 1300 RPM
Noise Level 7~17 dBA
Airflow 56 CFM
Connector 4 PIN PWM
Rated Voltage : 12 V
Rated Current : 0.12 Max. Amp
Input Power : 1.44 W
Input Current : 0.12 Max. Amp
MTBF : 100,000 h / 35℃ or 60,000 h / 60℃
Static Pressure : 0.9 mmH2O

Alt fan if i wanted to throw money at h***ers

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x15-pwm

Size :120x120x15 mm
Connector & pin-configuration :4-pin PWM
Bearing :SSO2
Blade geometry: A-Series with Flow Acceleration Channels
Frame technology :AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation)
Rotational speed (+/- 10%) :1850 RPM
Min. rotational speed (PWM, +/-20%) :450 RPM
Airflow : 94,2 m³/h /55 CFM
Acoustical noise : 23,9 dB(A)
Static pressure :1,53 mm H₂O

Silverstones ARGB
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=829&bno=56&tb=101&area=en

Speed 2000 rpm
Airflow 32.6CFM
Static Pressure 1.52mmH2O
Noise Level 23.5dBA

Prolimatech looks good, they have a Steep angle of attack on fan blades for Airflow then Silverstone and Noctua with a shallow angle - but looks like it matches default fan's dB and Static but that AIRFLOW!

Technically
- when a fan is in PULL then AIRFLOW is the determining factor . If in Push then Static

ones that are default in RVZ03

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/silverstone-sst-fn124b-fn-series-slim-120mm-fg-05l-sv.html

1,500 revolutions per minute
- 25 CFM delivery volume
- 0.86 mm H2O static pressure
- Low volume of only max. 18 dB (A)

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're interested in a little collab I can help design and laser cut an acrylic front panel. It'd be a shame not to go custom considering the heavy modding all over this case!

Soldato
OP
If you're interested in a little collab I can help design and laser cut an acrylic front panel. It'd be a shame not to go custom considering the heavy modding all over this case!

I think I may have to . Hopefully its shown Higher ups at Silverstone with increasing height by 7mm (so can accept more commonly known slim line rads - aka EKs awful SE range, or 90% of 27mm Asetek rads) and the length of the case by 40mm they could have an updated or new RVZ04 version that still does ITX with ATX PSU but GPU either face side up or down , with a multitude of fans and ATX option .

Damn, Just picturing an AORUS TRX40 Pro Wifi in there with 24 cores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Plec you you've scretely got a few Xtreme board hidden from your family- send us a spare one ;)

But to finish it off MAINLY so my damn kids stop pulling the cables out- a new side panel would be needed . Would cover that gap better but allow venting there . It would be nice with the GPU to have 120 or 140 mounting options for fans. I used 280 grill due to it showing off the GPU lighting better and more ventilation but for Slim Line rads, has to be 120/240 models and I think i've gone to big with cuts to revert back

Higher res shots
s3j4XJM.jpg

Tight !
J2hzFbb.jpg

Begging for Hinge i think !
ng2vZvQ.jpg

j7PmpY2.jpg

LCQVZnd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom