• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Game Ready v441.41 WHQL Released

Game Ready for Halo: Reach
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Halo: Reach. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for the Quake II RTX v1.2 update which provides exciting quality enhancements for ray tracing and textures.

Image Sharpening Support for Vulkan and OpenGL
Last month, we introduced a new NVIDIA Control Panel Image Sharpening feature that enables GeForce gamers to improve clarity and sharpness in DirectX titles, and to easily upscale and sharpen. With this new Game Ready Driver, this feature is also now available for OpenGL and Vulkan games. To enable Image Sharpening, open NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D Settings -> Image Sharpening.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/halo-reach-game-ready-driver/

Associate
Be warned, in 441.41 nvidias control panel vsync does not work!

[V-Sync]: V-Sync does not work. [2719115]

In game vsync is fine, but for me I rely on nvidias vsync for RDR2 as the in game vsync causes stutters.

This driver should have never been released with a major bug like that!

Associate
Don't use a gsync panel so I have no idea if gsync is affected. But vsync globally in the control panel or even adding vsync on a per game basis doesn't work at the moment. They really should pull this driver until this is fixed.

Soldato

In game vsync is fine, but for me I rely on nvidias vsync for RDR2 as the in game vsync causes stutters.

Agree. Epic bug. How can they break that!

Can you link to this as I cant find it. I've looked through the notes and cant see it. Unless I'm blind.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Seems like a Windows 10 only issue possibly.

Soldato
I'm now stuck on the Windows 10 default drivers with my 980ti. Think they are 430.86 432.00.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will only launch with DX12 (and it's need on the old boy for those extra fpssss as DX11 is a laggy mess for me) on those drivers. I get the device hung/removed DXGI error I've tried ALL of the other drivers since, even the "clean" ones. Any that install myself fail to launch SOTTR in DX12, even the previous ones.

I've done a reinstall on Windows 10 as well, and all I have is Steam and drivers loaded :/ At a complete loss at what is different from the drivers from NVidia's site that causes this over the ones Windows installs.

I suppose once I've finished with SOTTR I can just move on and install newer drivers as I have no issues with anything else.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Game Ready v441.66 WHQL Released.

Game Ready

• MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Detroit: Become Human.
New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors

• MSI MAG251RX
  • ViewSonic XG270
Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Resolve]: The application may crash during timeline playback when using Blackmagic RAW CODEC media. [2753421]
  • [Forza Motorsport 7]: Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps [2750611]
  • [Fallout 76][G-SYNC]: The game frame rate drops with G-SYNC enabled. [200466962]
  • [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: There is no 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound option in the Windows Sound Properties.[2752540]
  • [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB][NVIDIA Control Panel]:The NVIDIA Control Panel reports an incorrect GPU framebuffer size.
Windows 7 Issues

• [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. [200574934]
Windows 10 Issues

• [Sniper Elite 4][Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Frame rate is not capped at the display refresh rate with V-Sync enabled in DirectX 12 mode. [2719115]
  • [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.
    NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well that was ******* odd, i just installed these, and i lost my sound, i only had sound, if i did a speaker test, so after a bit of hair pulling, i went back into my Realtek Console, and noticed that my speakers were not ticked anymore, so i ticked em again, and BOOM!, sorted, wtf Nvidia! :p

EDIT:

Bit of googling, reveals that this could be caused by the Nvidia HDMI Driver that gets installed, so will not install that anymore, as no use for it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that was ******* odd, i just installed these, and i lost my sound, i only had sound, if i did a speaker test, so after a bit of hair pulling, i went back into my Realtek Console, and noticed that my speakers were not ticked anymore, so i ticked em again, and BOOM!, sorted, wtf Nvidia! :p

EDIT:

Bit of googling, reveals that this could be caused by the Nvidia HDMI Driver that gets installed, so will not install that anymore, as no use for it :D

I haven’t had any sound issues. Sounds like a specific issue with certain setups. Let us know how it goes mate.

Back
Top Bottom