MJOLNIR: The minimalistic – but not boring – 9.7L Case

Soldato
I really don't like having the AIO cooler at the bottom. Unless the cooler is completely full it means air will rise to the CPU and there will be reduced or even no cooling. Can the innards be inverted?

Soldato
I know there are review samples in the hands of reviewers, but will reviews be live before the 26th?

Also, you might want to edit the thread title.

Associate
OP
I really don't like having the AIO cooler at the bottom. Unless the cooler is completely full it means air will rise to the CPU and there will be reduced or even no cooling. Can the innards be inverted?

Yes it can be inverted! Although standard layout will work just fine as well, even if the AIO is not full (it may take a few more seconds for equilibrium circulation).

I know there are review samples in the hands of reviewers, but will reviews be live before the 26th?

Also, you might want to edit the thread title.

The first review will be out at the same time as the launch. It's always possible to cancel a pledge (up to the very end of the 30-day campaign), so I don't think this will be a problem :)

@AlexTzone When would the cases from the Kickstarter campaign actually expect to ship?

May 2020! :)

Soldato
I'm backer 107, went for the RGB with two panel sets.

Can you confirm that import duty is included in the price?, i really hope i don't get hit twice for it.

Soldato
I'm out.

SEK2,899 isn't a bad price for the case. But there's another SEK886 (~£73) on top for shipping. And that rises to as much as £91 for the R with TG panels. Takes the price beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Associate
OP
Btw guys, this is almost a bit funny! A guy over at the SFF-forum asked me if the PSU-bracket could be more flexible (making it possible to flip it upside down). Turns out it's already not only possible, but will also increase AIO height from 57mm to 59!

Update34-min.jpg

Seems that MJOLNIR has functionality that even the creators don't know about lol...

Associate
OP
Got to say, seeing those old tempered glas panels (with visible glue) on Optimum Tech's latest review today, hurt my soul. Buut glad to say it's one of those things that have been fixed. This is a good time to point out all improvements since his first video:

Magnetic panels
- You can still place heavy stuff on top, they won't cave in
a027413390a73eb1a59011c20e7f08b6_original.jpg

Improved Tempered Glass Panels
- Snapped in rather than glued on
6d4829b3629538e8fdaa94e19f222828_original.jpg

New case feet
- Just a whole bunch more stable than the previous version
eacb579d2c8a5c9cc47acc4986a38a25_original.jpg

Redesigned GPU lock
- We'll probably add a slot where the hole is, so you don't have to remove the screw completely before installing a new GPU.
add244758edcc6536939cc54fd2827d4_original.jpg

No more brittle tape
- IMO, this one is as big as the magnetic panels for me. That metal-against-metal sound of inserting/extracting the core was really painful to hear. We'll add plastic inserts at the corner of the core (the back / front panel) so that this doesn't happen anymore. Also, glad to be rid of that brittle Teflon tape!
d490e0a37333a5860389ac9cf379e4fa_original.jpg

We'll most likely improve more stuff before the end of the campaign (and definitely before placing the production order in mid-februari). Let me know what you guys think?

Best,
Alex

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve looked at your site and a YouTube video posted above, I can’t see any mention of system temps, for example if you had an i9 9900k or a 3900X - what’s the idle and load using an AIO? And GFX Temps?

Back
Top Bottom