• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Finally got my hands on a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.4B (stuck on 1.0.0.3ABB otherwise, no not ABBA). There are a few bugs which are preventing me from hitting my previous IF/RAM clock of 1800 MHz (3600 MT/s) so I've had to drop my IF/RAM to 1766 MHz (3533 MT/s) to get the thing to boot, which is rather annoying. However, Cinebench scores are still up 2.0% MT and 4.6% ST despite the drop in IF/RAM speed. Using Ryzen Balanced and older drivers; will update to new chipset drivers tonight.

1004 doesn't like the loading of previous profiles in the BIOS. So you'll need to manually enter all the settings again, save & Exit, then save that set over the old or under a new profile.

Soldato
1004 doesn't like the loading of previous profiles in the BIOS. So you'll need to manually enter all the settings again, save & Exit, then save that set over the old or under a new profile.
I always do that when updating the BIOS. It's a known issue with certain ASRock 1.0.0.4 BIOSs: the CLDO_VDDG voltage seems to be stuck at 0.7 V when IF is above 1766 MHz, so in my case it doesn't boot.

Permabanned
AMD has released the positioning of its products in order to help us better choose the CPU for our needs:

AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-3rd-Gen-3970-X-3960-X-1.jpg

https://wccftech.com/amd-3rd-gen-ryzen-threadripper-cpus-market-segment-intel-core-cpus/

Back
Top Bottom