**The Mental Health Thread**

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Interesting answers, though none were required to be posted, given the 3 were fact-check by figurative enquiry using analogy. The health-recovery motivation direction for scoring answers is No, Yes, Yes.

Associate
Fellow PTSD sufferers do you have terrible memory and focus since you got PTSD? I used to have a great memory and sharp mind, got PTSD and have got a 10 minute memory it feels like.

Soldato
Fellow PTSD sufferers do you have terrible memory and focus since you got PTSD? I used to have a great memory and sharp mind, got PTSD and have got a 10 minute memory it feels like.
I've had CPTSD since about the age of six and I can confirm it can affect short term memory

Associate
Thanks for the replies. It's the single thing that gets me really down the most. I feel slow and stupid whereas i used be one of the quickest and wittiest around.

Associate
Been on top of the world for 5 weeks ish , today in the last few hours have dropped rock bottom . hit the jack daniels to give me an escape, wrong move agree not drunk for a 6 weeks but feels good at the moment, went and seen a psychologist a month ago was ok but still hate the world not feeling good atm, hope the rest of you are ok , sending the love :)

Soldato
Been hit with Anxiety/Anxious feeling today feel pretty awful. Have not been too bad last week and nothing has really changed other than carrying on my long Prednisolone taper. Have lost all my hunger and keep getting cold sweats and panic like symptoms. Really hate the way this just hits you out of nowhere especially when you have been feeling pretty good.

I always try and find a reason when bad. Is it the meds or something I have eaten or done. I think sometimes it’s worse as I’m trying to find answers.

Having my Stoma surgery saved my life but the mental health problems caused by it or the meds are horrible.

Hey ho need to try and push through.

Soldato
My Ma died infront of me on Saturday night. I can't shake the image from my mind. As if psychosis and depression wasn't already enough. Why is life so damn cruel.

First of all I really want to say that I am so sorry to hear this. As a fellow sufferer of psychosis (although with anxiety instead of depression) I can only imagine how painful things must be for you at the moment. I just wanted to get that down first.

I'm really struggling at the moment. I'm in the hospital for the second time this year and I feel worse than I have felt in a long time. I'm really struggling with my anxiety and to make matters worse my parents have effectively made me homeless at the same time so I have the added worry of not being sure what housing I am going to end up living in. The problem is that I cannot cope with being around other people at all and being in the hospital is just making me even more stressed out. I feel like if I was home for a few weeks I would be able to cope better with what is going on at the moment but I don't know for sure. All I do know is that none of the available options open to me is going to be a good fit for me. I don't know where to go or what to do. I've tried to talk to my parents but they still don't want me home (they can't cope with my illness).

Back
Top Bottom