Epic 7

Associate
This is a Gacha style game, for those who don't know what that is, it's essentially a game where you're rolling/pulling for characters or items that heavily rely on RNG. Each item or character has a rating, in this case they're rated by stars and whether they are natural 5 stars (5 stars is the best). Having said that this is very F2P friendly so you don't need to spend if you don't want to, whereas I've seen other games that are mainly P2W. Since playing from about March time, i have bought some of the 5 quid packs, so i'm not quite F2P, but considering i've spent £60+ on games from EA on the PC that i didn't enjoy, this seems fair to support them.

This does not have any pop out ads that you click. The only time i have seen one is if the company are releasing a new game, but this can be ignored once per day and only happens for a few days.

This is my first mobile game i've played at considerable length, and i'm usually gaming on the PC (yes i'm aware i've probably fallen very far from the tree), however as i've gotten older I tend to have less time, so a quick 5 to 15 minute blast (or less) is what mobile games excel at, hence this suits me fine.

This is an anime style turn based type game. It's originally from Korea but has servers in europe, asia, japan and global (which is the one i'm on). No Chibis for those wondering. The animation style consists of cutscenes mixed with sprites, a little 3D and animated profiles. The voice acting, depending on the character is a mixed bag, but i normally play on mute anyway. Music is ok, though not as epic as Final Fantasy or Nier for instance, but nothing normally is :D

I've heard this is very much like Summoners War, not that i've played it, but it has quite a bit of depth in the mechanics of it. You pull for characters, each character has an elemental aspect which are weak or strong against other elements (like pokemon), each character has 3 skills (like pokemon), you equip characters with items which you can upgrade (not quite like pokemon), there are rare characters that you can get (like legendary pokemon perhaps?).

To do these character or item pulls, you use bookmarks, and you can get these as drops, or doing missions or by buying with skystones which are the in game currency. You can accumulate skystones at a decent rate if you remember to do you dailies :D

You can join guilds to do guild wars, where you fight other people, and you can also do arena PvP. They call it PvP, but it's really AI on units that have been geared and presented by another player. You're essentially still playing AI.

There is a main story involved, nothing incredibly indepth as you would expect, but each character has a side story and relationship with other characters which i do find interesting, which adds to its charm. New content for either side story or main story gets released at least once a month, along with new characters as you would expect from any Gacha.

It's been out a year and is one of the popular ones, so i'm surprised it's not been mentioned here. Here's the 1 year anniversary trailer with some crazy statistics from the player base.
https://youtu.be/FFsUejz-Vus

If you're interested in starting then let me know, as there are a few things to bare in mind.

You can get the game from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stove.epic7.google&hl=en_GB

NB: I don't think this game is going to be suitable for young kids as there is a lot of ermmmmm opai in it? And no that isn't what initially drew me in, but then i couldn't stop noticing it after the first time.

Last edited:
Associate
Been playing it myself for over a year. Don't think it the type of thing most people here like. I've not spent any money on it! You really don't need to.

I also started playing Crossing Void, which is very similar but with licenced anime characters.

Associate
OP
You never know, there's a fair few pokemon players here so i know they're at least open to cutesy anime :D

I kind of knew there wouldn't be many players for it on here, but i wanted to put it out as an option in case anyone was looking for a stylish RPG collector with meta in it.

There is a really good balance to the game i feel, even though RNG is a bit off at times, that's just down to my bad luck. And yes you can totally F2P with this, it's really quite F2P friendly.

There'll be a Christmas event soon, and i'm hoping there'll be some cool items to get, as i missed out on the "Small Miracles" items. Do you reckon they will release a limited character?

Associate
Been lots of talk about a limited char of late but nothing official been hinted. It has been some time since the last, so we are due one. Christmas is the best best. I'm sure they will rerun last year's artifact too.

We are getting World Bosses on Thursday and hopefully I'll pull ML Lidica.

Associate
OP
I'm half thinking they'll rerelease Diene, which will be nice for me because i don't have her :D

Good luck on the ML Lidica pull, i've still yet to get my first ML5* so i'll keep decreasing that counter for now.

I'm looking forward to the world bosses, i've no idea what they will be like to play but should be decent. I'm also looking forward to the new addition to the steeple for recycling your items, i have in my mind a way it might work, but will have to see how they implement it.

Associate
The equipment conversion system looks like another expensive RNG fest. Don't think I'll be using it much.

The world boss sounds good. Might be a use for all those characters and not just a few OP ones.

Associate
No ML Lidica in over 100 summons. :mad:

I had a nasty feeling it wasn't going to happen. I got Spez from a moonlight summon beforehand and Voilet very quickly. I can't be that lucky.

Associate
OP
No ML Lidica in over 100 summons. :mad:

I had a nasty feeling it wasn't going to happen. I got Spez from a moonlight summon beforehand and Voilet very quickly. I can't be that lucky.

I was just thinking "But we already have really good ice soulweavers like Angelica and Momo" then realised there's no 5* ice soulweaver, apart from Diene, but because she's limited it doesn't really count :D

Associate
OP
I've been playing Langrisser Mobile exclusively this year, and it is fantastic as gacha games go, it's like Advance Wars/Shining Force style play

I really liked the advanced wars series back in the old days, as a turn based strategy in both unit placement and tactics, and that reminded me of the older classic Front Mission :D

However i do remember the maps can sometimes take a long time to complete, so i don't think i'll be playing those on a phone :D

Back
Top Bottom