Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Another update and graphics settings not reset this time.

[November 25, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC

• Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when changing Windows audio devices/settings while the game was running
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when launching the game after switching between Vulkan and DirectX 12
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when graphical settings were changed and applied while close to the VRAM limit
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during loading screens when launching Story Mode or Red Dead Online
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when attempting to quit the game
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when switching between several input devices
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during gameplay when using keyboard and mouse controls
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when transitioning between Story Mode and Red Dead Online
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when entering Photo Mode while the player was in cinematic camera mode
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during certain weather conditions on systems with multiple graphics cards
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in graphical errors and other instability when using Vulkan with multiple graphics cards
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a random crash during gameplay when using DirectX 12
  • Improvements to address issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online

Caporegime

• Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when changing Windows audio devices/settings while the game was running
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when launching the game after switching between Vulkan and DirectX 12
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when graphical settings were changed and applied while close to the VRAM limit
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during loading screens when launching Story Mode or Red Dead Online
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when attempting to quit the game
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when switching between several input devices
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during gameplay when using keyboard and mouse controls
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when transitioning between Story Mode and Red Dead Online
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when entering Photo Mode while the player was in cinematic camera mode
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during certain weather conditions on systems with multiple graphics cards
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in graphical errors and other instability when using Vulkan with multiple graphics cards
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a random crash during gameplay when using DirectX 12
  • Improvements to address issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online
Just fired up RDR2, Story and Online, no update here...???

My latest "joy" of this game is starting @ 60+ fps after an hour or so I'm down to 30 if I'm lucky, even back tracking to my start point isn't helping.

Fix the bugs R* by all means but get some optimization done as a matter of urgency! - Fantastic game, crap performance unless of course 1080p with a 1080ti is acceptable? (I run pretty much everything else I own - including a heavily modded GTA V - @4k without issue at high/ultra settings)

Caporegime
What an incredible game. The launch was fraught with problems and the graphic resets are a massive pain in the posterior but still ... what an amazing game this is. Someone mentioned Witcher 3 which is I think my second favourite all time game after Repton but RDR2 is within touching distance of it.

Soldato
Just finished Chapter 6 and the story was fantastic! Absolutely gutted to have lost my horse then even more gutted to find out Arthur doesn't make it.....I kinda held out hope for a miracle cure from Rain Falls or something like that but it never came.

Gotta play through the Epilogue and explore the Blackwater area a load more and start trying to complete all the side quests that I've just passed by, crafting, hunting, trouble makin'!

jpm

jpm

Associate
I'm kind of glad I'm waiting for these issues to be ironed out. It seems like it's going backwards though?

Other than the bios problems which would crash the launcher (sorted now) I've been lucky not have any crashes, but seems a lot of people do.

Loved every minute of the game though, enjoying a bit of online to.

Man of Honour
Not every one has issues for me its fine no crashes at all.

Same here, I had some online errors early on but haven't had any for quite a while now, all my issues were fixed a few patches back. The missus and I are over 100 hours played online now, more than met the £ per hour for the price :D (and still got 90% of the single player to do yet)

Soldato
I’m loving the game it’s truly ace but I’ve suffered numerous CTD’s (2-3 per gaming session) which does kind of break the immersion.

Even got a BSOD last night irql not less or equal. *

*I did see GeForce experience had updated my gpu driver for me I don’t expect it ran ddu though!

Soldato
Still no issues since release for me either.
Those patches reset my gfx settings but it only took a few minutes to put them back in.

Not tried online yet, it doesn't really interest me.

Associate

oh great. so with all them bug fixes they made my 100% stable game instantly crashing when I open the map every time...
come one Rock****.....

Soldato
Just finished Chapter 6 and the story was fantastic! Absolutely gutted to have lost my horse then even more gutted to find out Arthur doesn't make it.....I kinda held out hope for a miracle cure from Rain Falls or something like that but it never came.

Gotta play through the Epilogue and explore the Blackwater area a load more and start trying to complete all the side quests that I've just passed by, crafting, hunting, trouble makin'!

Yep, same here, had my horse all the way through, so was a bit gutted to lose her. However some total **** gave away the ending on the Nvidia drivers site comments section after they released the hot fix drivers. So could not really avoid seeing it. It did spoil the ending for me as it was obvious what the outcome would be. However.... I am now roaming the map as there is still so much to do after the Epilogues and the map is now massive...

Back
Top Bottom