• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Soldato
I take it you didn't read the comments in the video?

On the AMD side the reflections are turned off - the reason the pool looks different is because on the AMD side it just has a generic water texture while on the nVidia side it is reflecting the scene but at that distance you don't see much reflection detail. Play the bit from 0:56 seconds in slow motion and watch the reflection map disappear as the AMD side moves across the cars on the left.

YECjkAS.png

Notice on the tower block behind for instance the nVidia side the windows on the right hand side of the building are reflecting the sky on the AMD side they aren't.

Yet again the problem is people comparing with non-equivalent settings.

Lol :p

bru

bru

Soldato
OMG AMD is cheating, they completely ignore the reflections and shadowing in this screenshot, I mean just look at how bland the car looks on the AMD side of the image. :D:p:D

AMD-bland.jpg

And I think we can all now agree that AMD's image quality is sub par and well below that of NVidia.;)

bru

bru

Soldato
Ok that is what I get for being interrupted before posting, you already know about the reflections being different.:(

And yes it was a post in jest anyway.

Permabanned
Yea from one of the comments "MSAA reflections are an Nvidia feature, much like Nvidia HBAO. Turn that off for AMD, and reflections will look like they're supposed to."

Yup, GTA V looks like a TWIMTBP title, featuring nvidia's things, and those reflections should be some type of pre-ray-tracing image optimisations.

Anyways, still, the AMD card provides better image quality in the areas which are supported by it.
We all know that AMD doesn't support nvidia's features, and doesn't support ray-tracing.

NVIDIA Hints at GTA V For PC In Fall 2013 – Could Be Optimized For GeForce Cards?
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-hints-gta-v-pc-fall-2013-optimized-geforce-cards/

Soldato
OMG AMD is cheating, they completely ignore the reflections and shadowing in this screenshot, I mean just look at how bland the car looks on the AMD side of the image. :D:p:D

AMD-bland.jpg

And I think we can all now agree that AMD's image quality is sub par and well below that of NVidia.;)

4K has pretty much confirmed at this point that AMD is cheating image quality because he consistently posts examples where the AMD image looks the worst.

So now we know exactly why AMD isnt' out there shouting "nvidia is cheating!!" - it's the pot calling the kettle black

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
4K has pretty much confirmed at this point that AMD is cheating image quality because he consistently posts examples where the AMD image looks the worst.

So now we know exactly why AMD isnt' out there shouting "nvidia is cheating!!" - it's the pot calling the kettle black
Yep. All he is doing is making AMD look bad and embarrassing himself. But he can't see this.

Soldato
OP
Yup, GTA V looks like a TWIMTBP title, featuring nvidia's things, and those reflections should be some type of pre-ray-tracing image optimisations.

Anyways, still, the AMD card provides better image quality in the areas which are supported by it.
We all know that AMD doesn't support nvidia's features, and doesn't support ray-tracing.

NVIDIA Hints at GTA V For PC In Fall 2013 – Could Be Optimized For GeForce Cards?
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-hints-gta-v-pc-fall-2013-optimized-geforce-cards/

???

GTA 5 has tech in the game from both Nvidia and AMD it wasn't a sponsored title at all. Both AMD and Nvidia released optimised drivers for the game at release. Not sure why that video has reflections turned off for the AMD card not watched it.

Edit

Raytracing? LOL in GTA 5 ???

Permabanned
AMD is cheating image quality

Except that nvidia pays the developers to turn features off on Radeon cards.
(DX10.1 support, ASync support, Tesselation support, reflections, the list goes on and on)
Remember removal of proper reflections in ray-traced titles and then putting worse ray-tracing on them?!

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Listen, and understand. That 4K8K is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brain dead.

Ok now that made me chuckle. :D

Caporegime
Except that nvidia pays the developers to turn features off on Radeon cards.
(DX10.1 support, ASync support, Tesselation support, reflections, the list goes on and on)
Remember removal of proper reflections in ray-traced titles and then putting worse ray-tracing on them?!
I would lend you a spade to dig that hole but I see you already have your own. Cheers for the comedy :D :D

Permabanned
I would lend you a spade to dig that hole but I see you already have your own. Cheers for the comedy :D :D

I read all kinds of comments. Look, people know it best:

nvidia-pathetic.png

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2010/11/19/testing-nvidia-vs-amd-image-quality/

4k8k is right!
I just played gta v on my 4k tv using my 1060 and my tv added all sorts of magic stuff including raytracing...:rolleyes:

My Panasonic 4KTV has a Studio Master Colours processed by a Quad Core Pro.

And in the menu, it have selected the following:

*Noise Reduction is set to Max
*MPEG Remaster is set to Max
*Resolution Remaster is set to Max
*Intelligent Frame Creation is set to Max

Now, explain what these functions are for?!

Back
Top Bottom