Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I have had zero technical issues with the game on my 3900X, Aorus Pro X570 and RTX 2080.

The only problem I have is the actual storyline is atrociously bad. What is it with Rockstar and forcing you to be a ******* **** in every game they release? Not a single likeable main character in your gang and the storyline has you helping a stranger round up his escaped horses one minute, and the next you are shooting up and murdering an entire town rescuing a "friend" you would gladly see rot in jail. But alas, if you want the story to progress then you have to kill and murder your way from town to town riding with people who are a pack of *****... but that's OK because you are supposed to be one as well.

The attention to detail is amazing but the actual game that these little touches are attempting to gloss over is poor and contrived.

Associate
I have had zero technical issues with the game on my 3900X, Aorus Pro X570 and RTX 2080.

The only problem I have is the actual storyline is atrociously bad. What is it with Rockstar and forcing you to be a ******* **** in every game they release? Not a single likeable main character in your gang and the storyline has you helping a stranger round up his escaped horses one minute, and the next you are shooting up and murdering an entire town rescuing a "friend" you would gladly see rot in jail. But alas, if you want the story to progress then you have to kill and murder your way from town to town riding with people who are a pack of *****... but that's OK because you are supposed to be one as well.

The attention to detail is amazing but the actual game that these little touches are attempting to gloss over is poor and contrived.

The honour scale seems like a pointless addition at times, because where do you draw the line? I lose honour for looting a stranger found dead in the middle of nowhere, and yet it's perfectly fine to loot someone who started a fight with me in the middle of Valentine in front of the Sheriff! It makes zero sense sometimes.

Soldato
Tried again playing online with my son after the patch, and... success! We finished a story mission, and played together online for half an hour with no issues. Fingers crossed whatever the issue was is now fixed for good!

Great fun playing together, too.

Associate

The problem with the story for me and many people also share this view is the fact that Dutch is the most annoying character in the whole game, even his voice annoys me lol.

But the game comes alive with all the side missions and all the other fun open world things you can do. I have about 200 hours on the PC version so far and on Chapter 4, I also have about 150 hours on the console version which I rushed a little to finish it.

Last edited:
Associate
Constant CTD’s at the moment until I switch my win power settings from Ryzen balanced to High performance and then I get no crashes! Weird!

Mine has been running flawlessly since installation however I have suffered numerous crashes to desktop recently. I wonder if that is down to the 1usmus Powerplan I installed? Ill try switching back to Ryzen Powerplans and see what happens.

Associate
Am I the only one here bored with the game ? I got to chapter 3 of the story and then went online to see what that had too offer and spent about 2 days grinding collectables ! I have to say it bored the hell out of me as most of my time was Auto Ride on the Horse to the next location , I then signed up the the Bountie missions with 15gold and again after doing about 10 I found myself bored out my mind again! I've also been online and done a Few shooting games and again after about 10 games it just all feels a bit grindy and samey , I also went fishing for a good few hours and I enjoyed that but found it way too easy , Yes the games Beautiful and looks stunning but I do feel alone in the world and a little bored now, not sure it can keep me interested any longer , may go back and finish the Story mode and see how I feel at the end.

Soldato
Am I the only one here bored with the game ? I got to chapter 3 of the story and then went online to see what that had too offer and spent about 2 days grinding collectables ! I have to say it bored the hell out of me as most of my time was Auto Ride on the Horse to the next location , I then signed up the the Bountie missions with 15gold and again after doing about 10 I found myself bored out my mind again! I've also been online and done a Few shooting games and again after about 10 games it just all feels a bit grindy and samey , I also went fishing for a good few hours and I enjoyed that but found it way too easy , Yes the games Beautiful and looks stunning but I do feel alone in the world and a little bored now, not sure it can keep me interested any longer , may go back and finish the Story mode and see how I feel at the end.

The normal bounties are copy paste, some are better than others involving trains etc.

Soldato

Oh, how do you auto ride?

Associate
At first doing the collectables was pretty fun as you do visit some cool locations but once you done them all in a weekend it becomes very boring and it takes hours just riding across the map with the RD2 online Cheap map locator . I guess I need to find someone to play online with and I might enjoy it more maybe.

Associate
Mine has been running flawlessly since installation however I have suffered numerous crashes to desktop recently. I wonder if that is down to the 1usmus Powerplan I installed? Ill try switching back to Ryzen Powerplans and see what happens.

I was the same. The latest patch seems to have ballsed things up for me as I'm also now getting crashes the past few nights.

Soldato
No issues last night after the patch. I even nabbed my missus' 1080ti as she's not really using it at the moment (she got my 1070 as a replacement).
Pretty much everything on max now and found another guy with a snake bite... Of course I'll
help
you.

About to build a new system but I'll compete this first on the off chance I start to encounter issues.

Soldato
I rescued a guy from a jail wagon last night; killed the driver and guard then shot the lock off the doors. It was only after I'd freed him that he said "I barely touched her!", at which point I shot him in the face with an arrow. Great game!!!

Back
Top Bottom