• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Please help me, I'm going crazy, nvidia driver failed install

Soldato
OP
Wonder if DDUs borked it, and removed stuff it shouldn't have, as seen it many times, after people using DDU, their not able to get any drivers at all on, why id never use it.
It failed before i DDU it. From the nvidia experience app when it told me there was an update, that was the first fail. This then caused me to DDU.

@eeii I will try this

@Quartz then I will try this

@nomadd I will also try this

@bru I tried this already, the registry is clean, the restore points have been erased without my knowledge due to a windows update in the past

Soldato
Just a guess but uninstall msi afterburner if you have it or any other monitoring programs.

If that fails i would install windows on a different hdd and if it still wont work then at least you have your old windows to go back to if you need it.

Man of Honour
Especially nvidia cards

Well I wasn't going to say! You know in the name of being impartial and all that, I think I said this to you when were were chatting on the phone, you can't deny that it is a good card, for me? Nope, but for the hardcore gamers it's the dream right? At the end of the day if it were my card I would still lick it. Probably tastes like chicken, most things do. Before anybody asks standard practice is to lick anything new, otherwise how do you know what it tastes like?

Soldato
OP
Well I wasn't going to say! You know in the name of being impartial and all that, I think I said this to you when were were chatting on the phone, you can't deny that it is a good card, for me? Nope, but for the hardcore gamers it's the dream right? At the end of the day if it were my card I would still lick it. Probably tastes like chicken, most things do. Before anybody asks standard practice is to lick anything new, otherwise how do you know what it tastes like?
If I have to rma it, I'm going to lick it first, if I learnt anything from you it's that I have to make sure it tastes like chicken or I might as well get amd again. At least I know they do!

Man of Honour
If I have to rma it, I'm going to lick it first, if I learnt anything from you it's that I have to make sure it tastes like chicken or I might as well get amd again. At least I know they do!

Solid plan that! Surely though it can't be dead? I mean driver update = dead, psh this can't be right.

Man of Honour
That's what it seems like.......

got a spare system to throw it in? nobody wants to be reinstalling that is just agg, made worse if its genuinely nuked itself. Id be writing a strongly worded letter, here let me start it for you.

Dear Leather jacket wearing Nvidiot (in his own words: "the guy in the leather jacket who repeats things three times." (only 3 times... yea right!)),

I watched the recent release of the much fabled 2080ti and was amazed with its ability to "just work", however, even though you told us at least 30 times that the product just works here I am with what appears to be a card that doesn't work.

Insert extra babble here...

bru

bru

Soldato
If you have a spare drive I would have a go at either a fresh install or reset windows, (maybe even clone it first with macrium reflect or something).

Soldato
OP
Tried everything suggested, nothing worked in the slightest, always ended with it failing to install the driver
I even tried to reset windows and keep the files, that even failed.
So I'm doing a fresh install of Windows now. Maybe it will work after that....

Man of Honour
Tried everything suggested, nothing worked in the slightest, always ended with it failing to install the driver
I even tried to reset windows and keep the files, that even failed.
So I'm doing a fresh install of Windows now. Maybe it will work after that....

Good luck dude. did it work?

Back
Top Bottom