• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

eTeknix review i9-10900x and i9 10940x

Soldato
Whats striking and most reviewers point out. Is Intel sent them the 10980XE in a tiny box that barely cost £0.10 without even a sticker.
Not a single X299X motherboard or anything else.

AMD on the other hand sent over £6000 worth of kit to all the reviewers. Including the top 3 boards, each costing £1K, 2 CPUs (£3400), 64GB 3600C16 quad channel ram and couple of 1TB MP600s for RAID NMVE.
And that from a company which is 1/10th the size, with tiny budget.

What Intel does all that money they earn? Try to buy "influence" like a new godfather and cannot afford a single X299X motherboard to send for review?

TrM

TrM

Associate
Whats striking and most reviewers point out. Is Intel sent them the 10980XE in a tiny box that barely cost £0.10 without even a sticker.
Not a single X299X motherboard or anything else.

AMD on the other hand sent over £6000 worth of kit to all the reviewers. Including the top 3 boards, each costing £1K, 2 CPUs (£3400), 64GB 3600C16 quad channel ram and couple of 1TB MP600s for RAID NMVE.
And that from a company which is 1/10th the size, with tiny budget.

What Intel does all that money they earn? Try to buy "influence" like a new godfather and cannot afford a single X299X motherboard to send for review?

Whilst I agree amd did send out some very nice stuff to reviewers and lot better then intel did this time around.

but how much do u really think it cost amd I’m sure the mobo ram and ssd etc was all either free as there company’s want the advertising also or very highly discounted. Who doesn’t want cheaper YouTube press for your items :)

Soldato
Whilst I agree amd did send out some very nice stuff to reviewers and lot better then intel did this time around.

but how much do u really think it cost amd I’m sure the mobo ram and ssd etc was all either free as there company’s want the advertising also or very highly discounted. Who doesn’t want cheaper YouTube press for your items :)

Intel has new X299X chipset out with new features that greatly benefit some of the subsystems on the 10000 series. Don't tell me even if had to cover the costs couldn't do it.
Or even if it was free to Intel, couldn't spend few hours to put together few stuff (on a paper) and pay a contracting company to do them. Like AMD does.

The Marketing department of Intel is the size of AMD as whole, lets not forget that.

Except even if the motherboard manufacturers also see the futility of the 10000 series

TrM

TrM

Associate
Intel has new X299X chipset out with new features that greatly benefit some of the subsystems on the 10000 series. Don't tell me even if had to cover the costs couldn't do it.
Or even if it was free to Intel, couldn't spend few hours to put together few stuff (on a paper) and pay a contracting company to do them. Like AMD does.

The Marketing department of Intel is the size of AMD as whole, lets not forget that.

Except even if the motherboard manufacturers also see the futility of the 10000 series

i agree with you on it And intel sould of done more but this whole new HEDT from intel just feels more underhanded and trying to steal amd thunder in the cheapest way posible to try and stop the flow towards amd in a space that intel have had for many many years all to themselfs:) But i do wonder how much a launch with sending out kits to review websites and to youtubers acctully cost amd/intel though as i would imagine asus gigabyte corsair g.skill etc all want in on the act as its good for them not just the cpu being launched

Associate
Intels chips are actually quite good just not as good as the new AMD stuff but really all they need to do is squeeze the price a little more and it won't matter to many, it's a mature platform, a know quantity.

Soldato
Intels chips are actually quite good just not as good as the new AMD stuff but really all they need to do is squeeze the price a little more and it won't matter to many, it's a mature platform, a know quantity.

While i tend to agree most users of HEDT systems are in companies rather than home users, and most companies make sure all PC's are secure from threats, so most IT staff who are looking at replacing HEDT systems, given a remit of price, performance, features, security etc, will laugh at these new Intel HEDT chips tbh, the only thing and i do mean the only thing that is going to sell them is Intels name and reputation, which unfortunately is still massively strong in most middle and upper management.

Intel will sell tons of this junk on that alone.

Associate
I fell like reviewers especially on youtube like Linus tech tips and others will always give anything Intel makes bad reviews because they know what the Amd fanboys are like you only have to look at the comments they got all giddy that it wins some benchmarks lol saddos.

Soldato
I fell like reviewers especially on youtube like Linus tech tips and others will always give anything Intel makes bad reviews because they know what the Amd fanboys are like you only have to look at the comments they got all giddy that it wins some benchmarks lol saddos.
Nah i think its more to do with the fact that intel has been taking the P*** for the past how many years and its kinda like yes they're finally facing competition and now are struggling to compete and showing its true colours :p. It's not like back in the day when they made good cpu's like the 2500k and 3770k that till this day is still very capable.

Soldato

Nah it's because Intel are currently garbage against AMD.

Associate

I agree. Now they are after slashing their prices in half. All those people duped into buying intel cpus for double the amount should form some sort of a union and sue - imo. lol

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I agree. Now they are after slashing their prices in half. All those people duped into buying intel cpus for double the amount should form some sort of a union and sue - imo. lol

Half price and still worse performance... Imagine being one of the shills who paid full price, I almost feel sorry for them

Soldato
Half price and still worse performance... Imagine being one of the shills who paid full price, I almost feel sorry for them

My local PC store is selling the new Cascade Lake X chips, checked out the pricing and the 12 core is the same price the 3950x. The 14 and 18 core is more expensive than the 3950x despite losing to it

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I assume these new CPU still suffer from security issues right? As they are pretty much rebranded CPU with little tweaks from what I understand. Lol. Love to see Intel in the position, they deserve no less.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

My local PC store is selling the new Cascade Lake X chips, checked out the pricing and the 12 core is the same price the 3950x. The 14 and 18 core is more expensive than the 3950x despite losing to it

Its really quite bad, but i think Intel will wise up in 2020/2021 and won't be as stupid with pricing, especially for their performance.

I think we will end up looking back at this in a few years and realise just how much intel were ripping everybody off.

Soldato
Its really quite bad, but i think Intel will wise up in 2020/2021 and won't be as stupid with pricing, especially for their performance.

I think we will end up looking back at this in a few years and realise just how much intel were ripping everybody off.

Last new Intel CPU I bought was an E2160 Core 2 Duo and a Pentium 4 before that (Prescott?) Athlon64 Thunderbird? somewhere in there but I've been 2nd hand since and been intel. First new CPU I have bought in years is the 3800X. Was £380 on release and the recent price offered by OCUK @£315 just shows how aggressive AMD can be for pricing that intel will have to compete with.

Soldato
Was £380 on release and the recent price offered by OCUK @£315 just shows how aggressive AMD can be for pricing that intel will have to compete with.

The weird thing is Intel can't just drop pricing, as it will have no effect. Even with their new 10xxx desktop parts that are out in Q1 '20, and the 10c/20t part taking the top spot, the 9900K equivalent could come in at £349, but then AMD could just drop the 3800x to ~£299-319, and the 3900x to £399, and the Intel parts have no advantage anymore. It's the same at the lower end as well, even if i3's are now 4c/8t and i5's 6c/12t, the 10600K would end up just competing against a £179 3600x, and a £149 3600.

Associate

Behave, they slate AMD as well. They still bring up the FX days. Granted they may be overly enthusiastic about new AMD hardware but they were so far behind for so long that it generates excitement in the PC/Gaming world when anything new is released.

Back
Top Bottom