• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Probably a stupid question but should I be uninstalling current AMD GPU drivers then Old chipset drivers then re-install new chipset driver, along with Current AMD GPU Driver.
Will it make any difference??..

I normally use DDU Uninstaller followed by a CCleaner, a reboot, then more CCleaner, then re-install drivers.

Unrelated but I have the Aorus Pro X570 so will be doing a Bios update also.

Soldato
Probably a stupid question but should I be uninstalling current AMD GPU drivers then Old chipset drivers then re-install new chipset driver, along with Current AMD GPU Driver.
Will it make any difference??..

I normally use DDU Uninstaller followed by a CCleaner, a reboot, then more CCleaner, then re-install drivers.

Unrelated but I have the Aorus Pro X570 so will be doing a Bios update also.

Just install the new drivers. No need to fanny about.

Associate
Don't know if anyone can help.

Have a ASUS Rog Strix Gaming F X570 Motherboard.

I also have a 2200G CPU which because I bought my mothreboard a while ago is not compatible with it.

However the latest BIOS version is.

I have to put the BIOS file on a USB stick put into the BIOS usb connection at the back, make sure standby power is on and press the BIOS flashback button.

it is supposed to flash for 3 seconds then update, however all mine does is flash for 5 seconds than goes solid this means the BIOS update has failed.

Anyone got any ideas on this or how to update the BIOS, I don't have a compatible CPU so can't get a display.

Associate
Did you rename the file correctly, and was the USB drive formatted and is it smaller than 16GB?
Yes an 8GB FAT32 USB 2.0
File name same as the one the state in the motherboard manual.

I contact ASUS and they said it should work as an NTFS but found that nowhere in any help or documents.

I don't think it's corrupted the motherboard as at no point as it started to update and then been interrupted.

Associate
I assume you had filename extensions turned on otherwise you'll end up with SX570FG.CAP.CAP as the file name.
This is what I probably need to check.

I saw one video where he didn't include the .CAP in the file name where as others did include .CAP in the file name.

Will check this and update!

Soldato
Don't know if anyone can help.

Have a ASUS Rog Strix Gaming F X570 Motherboard.

I also have a 2200G CPU which because I bought my mothreboard a while ago is not compatible with it.

However the latest BIOS version is.

I have to put the BIOS file on a USB stick put into the BIOS usb connection at the back, make sure standby power is on and press the BIOS flashback button.

it is supposed to flash for 3 seconds then update, however all mine does is flash for 5 seconds than goes solid this means the BIOS update has failed.

Anyone got any ideas on this or how to update the BIOS, I don't have a compatible CPU so can't get a display.

Had thisi ssue with my Crosshair 6 X370, you have to make sure that a) the USB is correctly formatted, i think it was Fat32, but double check that, b) its got .cap on the end as stated above and c) you use the specified bios flash port on the motherboard, it has a specific USB port for this on the rear, make sure your using this one.

Associate
Had thisi ssue with my Crosshair 6 X370, you have to make sure that a) the USB is correctly formatted, i think it was Fat32, but double check that, b) its got .cap on the end as stated above and c) you use the specified bios flash port on the motherboard, it has a specific USB port for this on the rear, make sure your using this one.
Done all this three times and never worked.

Like the previous poster mentioned I renamed the file SX570FG.CAP

So as i have renamed the file is the filename actually SX570FG.CAP.CAP

Soldato
Done all this three times and never worked.

Like the previous poster mentioned I renamed the file SX570FG.CAP

So as i have renamed the file is the filename actually SX570FG.CAP.CAP

Definitely check what the USB is formatted to, i had to have a google around and it definitely has to be formatted to a specific format plus i think 8GB or less, i think i used a 2gb stick as it flat out refused to see my 32gb or 64gb sticks.

Back
Top Bottom