RIP Gary Rhodes

Soldato
Jesus, only 59. One of the few celebrity chefs I could watch who didn’t make me want to vomit. Seemed devoid of the pretentiousness and self importance so many of his fellow celeb chefs seem to suffer from.

Served him couple of times when he came for a meal in restaurant I used to work in, back in 2004/ 05. He was really nice and spent ages talking to our head chef.

Associate
Jamie Oliver has tweeted that Gary had a fall, would explain how someone so young who looked after himself met such an early end.

Can't find a tweet from Jamie Oliver about it, must have taken it down since no-where else has announced the reason for his death.

Soldato
I'm shocked and saddened by this. Gary Rhodes was my inspiration when i was training to be a chef, before media glorified celebrity chefs! His book 'Open Rhodes around Britain' was the first cook book i bought. Did you know, he started his career at what is now 'Sodexo', i believe it was Gardner Merchant back then.

59 is no age to go, and i fail to see how it could be from natural causes. I'm sure we'll find out in due time. RIP Gary. You made me who i am today.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
"Gary was in the middle of filming a wonderful new series with Rock Oyster Media for ITV from his base in Dubai.

"Gary was taken ill very suddenly at home during a break in filming and died a short time afterwards.

"Production was obviously halted as soon as Gary was taken ill and members of the Rock Oyster Team remain in Dubai to support the family as best they can."
https://news.sky.com/story/tv-chef-gary-rhodes-dies-aged-59-11871435

Would you describe someone as being "taken ill" after a fall? Doubt it, what exactly did Jamie Olvier tweet? Also, what nasty diseases are there out in Dubai?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Interesting... so being a celebrity death in Dubai do you think the hush on circumstances is to avoid issues when accepting compensation?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Understandable, it was just that Oliver tweet deletion.

Also to clarify, I meant no disrespect Mr Mod.

Back
Top Bottom