8pack memory on Asus xi Apex

Associate
Hello everyone,
I am looking for help from you guys. I am newbie to OC and PC build things. I have placed an order for Asus XI Apex motherboard, wondering if 8pack 4133mhz 16gb memory will work on it with xmp profile?
I know that mobo is mostly for enthusiasts, the reason I chose it, is mostly I believe its strong enough to reach that freq without manual intervention, as I really have no idea how to adjust all timings and etc.
Do you think thats right memory to choose? eventhough its not in QVL Asus list. Or shall I look for something else? What your advice would be? My CPU is 9700k running stock.
Will appreciate any of your help guys.
Regards,
David

Soldato
Hello everyone,
I am looking for help from you guys. I am newbie to OC and PC build things. I have placed an order for Asus XI Apex motherboard, wondering if 8pack 4133mhz 16gb memory will work on it with xmp profile?
I know that mobo is mostly for enthusiasts, the reason I chose it, is mostly I believe its strong enough to reach that freq without manual intervention, as I really have no idea how to adjust all timings and etc.
Do you think thats right memory to choose? eventhough its not in QVL Asus list. Or shall I look for something else? What your advice would be? My CPU is 9700k running stock.
Will appreciate any of your help guys.
Regards,
David

You probably sorted this by now but yeah it does, QVL is really not extensive just a list of a few kits and particularly high speeds they don’t ‘guarantee’ as too many variables. XMP will work fine at 4,133 if it’s like mine (same board previously)

OcUK Staff
^^ Just manually set the timings in this case.

4133mhz should work no issue, But also of variables do exist to adjust to get good results.

I would try 18-20-20 settings......... Then 1.35v IO and SA with 1,45v on the mems everything else at stock....and 4133mhz divider.

Associate
OP
^^ Just manually set the timings in this case.

4133mhz should work no issue, But also of variables do exist to adjust to get good results.

I would try 18-20-20 settings......... Then 1.35v IO and SA with 1,45v on the mems everything else at stock....and 4133mhz divider.

Hello Ian, thank you for reply.
I changed MB to Asus XI Extreme Z390
Currently your memory 4133mhz, workes on 4000mhz 16-18-18-38.
Also, It worked straight with XMP profile with no issues. I even did 17-17-17-37 at 4133mhz. Thank you for such wonderful piece of RAM.
JyW9CNw
CwRYwZG

You probably sorted this by now but yeah it does, QVL is really not extensive just a list of a few kits and particularly high speeds they don’t ‘guarantee’ as too many variables. XMP will work fine at 4,133 if it’s like mine (same board previously)

Works good. Trying to find information how to set 4266mhz and what settings to put. as 17/-37 I took from gskill 4133mhz ram kit xD

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello Ian, thank you for reply.
I changed MB to Asus XI Extreme Z390
Currently your memory 4133mhz, workes on 4000mhz 16-18-18-38.
Also, It worked straight with XMP profile with no issues. I even did 17-17-17-37 at 4133mhz. Thank you for such wonderful piece of RAM.
JyW9CNw
CwRYwZG

Works good. Trying to find information how to set 4266mhz and what settings to put. as 17/-37 I took from gskill 4133mhz ram kit xD

I didn’t find it to be overly useful to push any further - that’s way overkill at 4,133 for most tasks already... Unless you have a specific need I would probably experiment more trying to tighten the sub timings etc.

Associate
OP
I didn’t find it to be overly useful to push any further - that’s way overkill at 4,133 for most tasks already... Unless you have a specific need I would probably experiment more trying to tighten the sub timings etc.

What numbers do you think I should put in order to run CL17 at 4266 ? Thank you

Soldato
What numbers do you think I should put in order to run CL17 at 4266 ? Thank you
I think you need to really read up on it all as those are not the only timings to tweak, would also advise running memtest because I’m not sure if you have a completely stable setup there 17-17-17... Boot to windows does not mean it’s all good.

All this aside I think you are missing the point, you will not notice the difference in real world applications so potentially you are chasing something which isn’t necessary for you. 4,133 is already overkill at stock timings.

Associate
I've my 3600 8pack ram at 14 14c14 28.getting 65.3 in latency test.awesone ram.might run it at 3800 speeds to get infinity clock at 1900.orv would I be better off running at 3600v2with right timing

Back
Top Bottom