minecraft build

Associate
Hi guys,

With Xmas approaching I would like to kit up a new pc build for my daughter. Much as I have tried, her current gaming interest is limited to some pretty basic entries, she plays minecraft, roblox terraria and other pretty non-graphically-intensive games. I think don't starve together is the most intense game.

My initial thought was to hold off til black friday, and purchase whatever motherboard bundle is on sale, along with whatever gpu is up on offer, but having looked at the actual requirements of the game I think there is a chance I could be spending waay over what I'd need to get a decent rig, maybe some money I could save on the rig I could put towards a monitor.

Soo...could you guys work out a build that would suit this spec nicely?

I'd like it to go in a noice dampened case, with a window. maybe some random nice rgb controlly-type stuff would be good. no real budget in mind, am just seeing what I could spend on a suitable rig without going in the black friday deal.

Many thanks guys, lets see how creative our santa's can get :)

Soldato
Hi guys,

With Xmas approaching I would like to kit up a new pc build for my daughter. Much as I have tried, her current gaming interest is limited to some pretty basic entries, she plays minecraft, roblox terraria and other pretty non-graphically-intensive games. I think don't starve together is the most intense game.

My initial thought was to hold off til black friday, and purchase whatever motherboard bundle is on sale, along with whatever gpu is up on offer, but having looked at the actual requirements of the game I think there is a chance I could be spending waay over what I'd need to get a decent rig, maybe some money I could save on the rig I could put towards a monitor.

Soo...could you guys work out a build that would suit this spec nicely?

I'd like it to go in a noice dampened case, with a window. maybe some random nice rgb controlly-type stuff would be good. no real budget in mind, am just seeing what I could spend on a suitable rig without going in the black friday deal.

Many thanks guys, lets see how creative our santa's can get :)

keeping it cheap with older ryzen 2600 and b450 . £140 144hz freesync monitor, save £40 by going for 75hz freesync monitor

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £763.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)

BB CODE

Total: £652.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
OP
Soldato

faster at 1080p gaming. download windows media tool for windows 10 and buy a CD key

Total: £1,034.48 (includes shipping: £19.62)

ryzen 3600+b450 same price pretty much as well​

HeX

HeX

Soldato
With those kinds of games, wouldn't you be better off just picking up a One X? It'll play Minecraft at 4K 60FPS, Roblox and all the other games you've listed, and cost a fraction of a PC build?

Soldato
750 quid plus to play Minecraft, what are you guys smoking? :confused:

depends if using ray tracing lol. couldn't play it any other way now . And thats also including a Monitor to allow either console as well. Also decent noise damped cases arent the cheapest , nor slapping in 'sound insulation ' as thick glass can do better half the time etc
although minecraft today, Rainbow Six the week after :D
3400G would do the job nicely whilst saving cash , though had to agree console would be cheaper yet doesn't allow how the game library platform

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh that monitor was an absolute steal mate, many thanks for the link, kinda gutted I didn't get myself one as well lol

i changed to a phanteks ethoo m case after a recommendation from the ucuk cs guys, kit arrives tomorrow along with a crazy amount of rgb supporting asus aura sync, should be a really nice lil build :)

Cheers once again

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I actually spent just over 1100 so she can play minecraft, and wouldn't you love to know ;)

Seems a bit bonkers to spend that kind of cash when you've already said she doesn't seem overly interested in hard core PC gaming... Just seems like you wanted to build a new PC.

If you wanted to get her to try a few different games and maybe find an interest you could have had an Xbox One X, a year of Game Pass Ultimate and a 40" 4K TV for ~£600, and 100's of games to dip in and out of. Plus £500 in your pocket or spent on something else for her.

Or just nabbed one of those ridiculous cheap Xbox One S deals for £99, and just hooked it up to whatever 1080P TV/monitor you've got around and saved a grand to play the same games you've listed in the OP. Then looked at getting her a PC later down the line if she does start gaining more of an interest.

But hey ho, do what you want, it's your money to spend.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the OP's daughter wouldn't care about ray tracing or freesync...

they grow with age . built one for my nephew a few years back, must have been 9 or so. straight away before even playing it wanted mods, mode and texture packages and got sick of c***y console version . wouldn't underestimate kids and minecraft .

Seems a bit bonkers to spend that kind of cash when you've already said she doesn't seem overly interested in hard core PC gaming... Just seems like you wanted to build a new PC.

If you wanted to get her to try a few different games and maybe find an interest you could have had an Xbox One X, a year of Game Pass Ultimate and a 40" 4K TV for ~£600, and 100's of games to dip in and out of. Plus £500 in your pocket or spent on something else for her.

Or just nabbed one of those ridiculous cheap Xbox One S deals for £99, and just hooked it up to whatever 1080P TV/monitor you've got around and saved a grand to play the same games you've listed in the OP. Then looked at getting her a PC later down the line if she does start gaining more of an interest.

But hey ho, do what you want, it's your money to spend.

PC and consoles different. try a few of the 1000's of indie games on steam is a different world from games thrown out on the console .

I'm bit different though, Have degree in games design but dont intend to buy kids a console or let them Game much when they are older. first game they'll play by themselves is Doom Level editor ! :D

@orbitalwalsh that monitor was an absolute steal mate, many thanks for the link, kinda gutted I didn't get myself one as well lol

i changed to a phanteks ethoo m case after a recommendation from the ucuk cs guys, kit arrives tomorrow along with a crazy amount of rgb supporting asus aura sync, should be a really nice lil build :)

Cheers once again

hope she enjoys! tell her she can learn to build her own games if she wants to in the future !

My son is four and had a go in racing car sim. Looked at the console box it was connected to and told me its not pretty like my computer haha , no RGB lights . Already knows how to insert a Ryzen Chip into a motherboard without bending the pins. just dont get that with consoles :(

Soldato
My eldest is 9. we have played the java version modded up to the eyeballs together (and I played it long before he ever know what it was). The cross platform console/mobile/windows 10 editon isn't as flexible but it runs better and he can play with all his other friends on any of those platforms. Modded java has its place but its not worth paying an extra grand for. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom