New build revisit

Associate
Just before Ryzens came out I was going to rebuild but ended up putting off, now back to looking for a Christmas build and something to handle recent Cod MW game which my current pc struggles with...

I will be using for fairly recent AAA games, some dev work and using VMWare (hence 32gb).

My basket below:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £677.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

I have gone with 32gb memory, is 3200 good or should I look at alternative 3600 sweet spot?
I have looked at the Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD elsewhere for £110 as it seems to be a recommended OS store device (and some games)

I want a quiet case, can one in basket be bettered, I see some reviewers of it struggled with build and overall quality?
Will everything fit in case?
I am not interested in RGB.

/edit Like look of this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...dition-mid-tower-pc-case-black-ca-196-cs.html

For now I will re-use my samsung 840 SSD as second drive to M.2 drive, will also re-use my 1TB 7200rpm drive.
I will also drop my 1060 6gb GFX card in and use with my Benq 24" 144mhz screen.
Both of these will be an after Christmas upgrade where I will want to go to 1440p gaming and 27" screen, any suggestions in advance are welcome as I could probably find £500-600 for that combo.

Does above look good compatible mix for purpose or any tweaks recommended?

I want to put my business to Overclockers as used them for over 12 years but some items quite a lot cheaper elsewhere right now.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ordered below and rocket m.2 1tb drive elsewhere
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £635.25 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Going to use my 1060gb and 24" 144mhz monitor for build but would appreciate advise on new card and 1440p monitor for gaming. Around £500 to £650
Thanks

Associate
Build looks solid.

Get an AMD 5700xt with a 144hz 1440p monitor with Freesync
Vouch for the 5700xt , look specifically at the better cooled ones , sapphire Pulse/nitro+ , red devil / Asus strix are the ones to look out for deals on. Also the drivers are still slightly buggy but 19.9.2 has been very good to me , no bluescreen so far on them.

Back
Top Bottom