Choosing a New Phone

Associate
I would really appreciate some help choosing a new phone. I need it mainly for productivity/work but also some video watching/entertainment.

My requirements are in order of importance ;

Great performance
Large screen
Great battery life
Android OS, minimal bloatware
Unlocked to any network/not a pay monthly deal

I don't care much about things like the camera, storage space, speaker or wireless charging.

I would consider both high and mid range options in terms of price.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Soldato
Samsung a70? They are under 400

I had a s8 plus hated the curved screen dropped it broke screen twice threw it away got an a70 to replace

Soldato
The OnePlus 7T or 7T Pro have the screen, performance and lack of bloatware, battery life okay to good.

The Note 10+ has everything aside the lack of bloatware. It depends what you mean by work/productivity if the S Pen will be of any use to you. If you’ll use the pen, the Note is likely to be a winner.

Associate
OP
Hi, thanks for your suggestions! I don't think I would use a pen to be honest. Work would be office orientated things like email, spreadsheets, etc. 6.7 inches sounds great, but maybe as big as I would like to go as any bigger and I think it might be awkward to use/easier to drop/lose?

Soldato
Anything over a 6” screen is going to be tough to operate entirely one handed for someone with average hands.

The Huawei P30 Pro has a big screen and is narrow, so might be easier to handle. Also consider the Mate 20 Pro. Both can be picked up cheaply at the moment.

Failing that, you can’t go wrong with a galaxy S10 or S10+, again with a fairly heavy Samsung skin on top of stock.

Associate
OP
I went into John Lewis today and looked at the OnePlus 7T Pro and the Samsung Galaxy A70. I tested both browsing web pages and using Google maps. My thoughts were that the OnePlus 7T Pro was very quick/smooth, but the Samsung Galaxy A70 was not far behind in this context with the same screen size and much cheaper. Then I started thinking, do I really need such a big screen? It would be great to see more on the screen and probably make typing easier, but is it too big? It would be annoying if it didn't fit in my pocket. Any thoughts? I will investigate the mi 9t. Oh also, is John Lewis a silly place to buy/prices too expensive? If something went wrong with the phone, it would be great to be able to sort it out with someone face to face in a store.

Back
Top Bottom