Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Soldato
Yes

PD Bundle with Tiny rebel
2 more tiny rebels
stella (not usually a fan but will give it a whirl as its 5% and most of the beers are strong
goose island midway
Lowebbrau test

Have ordered this, quite looking forward to it :D

I am too, I got a keg of clwb, lowenbrau, jupiler and spaten.got some friends up this weekend and 2 of them only drink larger but next order with definetly have some more hops. Heard nothing but good about the clwb too so looking forward to it.

Also @Rotty you been to tap house in Notts centre yet? I'm going this weekend and it looks like it's got a cracking selection there and all self pour too.

Soldato
Yes ,was OK

Bit gimmicky and not keen on the fact you have to preload money onto one of their cards but will probably go again

It is one of the stops planned for this Weekend was quite looking forward too it.

The pre paying thing may be because they are new as Another wine bar (same owners) doss the same thing but wine and that is on tab.

Nope :( I was hopping and ordered for the weekend if not I would have rather waited for Friday to bag some am pm also

Hopefully they get dispatched today they should still arrive Friday.

Don
It is one of the stops planned for this Weekend was quite looking forward too it.

The pre paying thing may be because they are new as Another wine bar (same owners) doss the same thing but wine and that is on tab.

Yes that's on Trinity sq

I assume you know the best places but for craft beer always make time for a walk to Neonraptor. Bunkers Hill is OK and Junkyard the obvious one, Overdraught is good if you are up that way

Soldato
Yes that's on Trinity sq

I assume you know the best places but for craft beer always make time for a walk to Neonraptor. Bunkers Hill is OK and Junkyard the obvious one, Overdraught is good if you are up that way

Junkyard and neon raptor I've been to both they were great. Its not often I get to go out for craft bars as only one of my mates like them. All the rest have a strange love for fosters and budweiser

Soldato
well i called yesterday as i had no dispatch on my order so thought i would change it. I get the feeling i have bagged a free keg as i asked to change one for one and the new order suggests i have the same as before but plus the keg i wanted and 0 cost

sadly its a new order :( so i am sad as was looking forward to this for the weekend

Soldato
@Regy53 I don't mean to rub it in so avert your eyes :p

pbwwcqch.jpg

d7XxPb3h.jpg

Mine arrived today, the delivery man had to "hide" it as I was at work, came home to my bins in a suspicious looking arrangement with a nice big gap and a clear view to 3 tasty looking packages. Luckily I live in a nice area so parcel always get hidden around the front.

Got the Clwb in chilling now and safe to say I am looking forward to pouring the first drink. I'm not much of a pint glass collector as I we already have loads of different glasses and I have my preferred beer glasses already so thought I'd try out the quirky looking Kwak glasses. Will update when the first drink is pulled :p Haven't pulled a pint since working in a bar about 4 years ago so I can see if I have lost my touch.

Soldato
I pre cool my kegs in the fridge overnight, also works well if you want to swap from one key to another so you don’t have to wait for it to cool, great if you have folk round. Try not to shake up the keg when installing as you can end up with big heads.
Enjoy :D

Soldato
I pre cool my kegs in the fridge overnight, also works well if you want to swap from one key to another so you don’t have to wait for it to cool, great if you have folk round. Try not to shake up the keg when installing as you can end up with big heads.
Enjoy :D

Just pulled my first clwb, the kwak glass didn't help when pulling the first out of the key :D a lot of head on this one!, my kegs are on top of the fridge in the garage, at this time of year the garage should keep them plenty cold enough, if anything it may make them too cold somedays, in summer they can go in the fridge out there.

I go a little impatient as read the manual and it can take up 15 hours to cool to 3 degrees, it was already at 7 from being outside and in the machine for 30 minutes so got impatient and poured. good to know it'll only get better from here :p

Soldato
Just pulled my first clwb, the kwak glass didn't help when pulling the first out of the key :D a lot of head on this one!, my kegs are on top of the fridge in the garage, at this time of year the garage should keep them plenty cold enough, if anything it may make them too cold somedays, in summer they can go in the fridge out there.

I go a little impatient as read the manual and it can take up 15 hours to cool to 3 degrees, it was already at 7 from being outside and in the machine for 30 minutes so got impatient and poured. good to know it'll only get better from here :p
I did exactly the same, was far too excited and the head was huge! Once it’s settled it will be way better. The longer you keep the glass tipped for the better it will be too. When you transport from the garage do your best not to shake it up.

I’ve not used mine for about 6 months so I’m excited for tomorrow night!

Soldato
I did exactly the same, was far too excited and the head was huge! Once it’s settled it will be way better. The longer you keep the glass tipped for the better it will be too. When you transport from the garage do your best not to shake it up.

I’ve not used mine for about 6 months so I’m excited for tomorrow night!

I'll try my best not too, my second glass was much much better. May have one more and call it a night as I'm out for a heavy one tomorrow night. Will also get to compare true draught Clwb to PD Clwb as the new place that;s opened sells it :p

Soldato
sorry been out all weekend, hope you had a good night

That's fine, just thought I'd update you on tye whole payment thing.

Weekend was good, tap house was nothing special but it was just nice to go and get a 3rd of a different beer whenever I wanted. Quite a few were disappointing but there was also some amazing ones. The clwb tasted just like it does from my PD too, only wanted to try it to compare. Will likely go back a few times.

Don
That's fine, just thought I'd update you on tye whole payment thing.

Weekend was good, tap house was nothing special but it was just nice to go and get a 3rd of a different beer whenever I wanted. Quite a few were disappointing but there was also some amazing ones. The clwb tasted just like it does from my PD too, only wanted to try it to compare. Will likely go back a few times.

you tried Firerock at Sutton in Ashfield? prob my favourites craft beer pub, superb NEIPA in there last night

Back
Top Bottom