Unai says goodbye, Mikel says hello

Caporegime
Emery seems to handle everything badly, from Ozil, to making Xhaka captain when he was already unpopular with the fans and that just made everything worse. Spending all that money on Pepe and not using it to do better than Luiz was always going to cause problems. That said, I don't see anyone coming in and doing any better.

Soldato
OP
I'm not completely sure he has full control of the transfers. That was one thing they wanted to change but couldn't until Wenger left.

I was fairly positive just before the season started, and thought we would have a decent crack at the top 4. Then the Ozil robbery incident happened and it just went downhill from there.

I don't see anyway back for Unai now, if we don't win our next league game I'd expect him to be fired.

Caporegime
I personally think he’s lost the dressing room especially after the Xhaka incident.

Look at what’s happened to Auba, he’s fallen off a cliff recently with his goal scoring. Can’t remember the last time he scored a goal.
It’s absolutely embarrassing and pathetic that Soton a relegation bound team managed to draw with us...at home of all places.
As I said not one team in the league is scared of us. This I put down to the manager and his tactics/formations.
I have a feeling if we lose/draw our next game, he will be gone.

Soldato
OP
Yeah the game last weekend was embarrassing. The amount of shots we allowed them was criminal.

I'd say teams haven't been scared of us for a number of years now. Out defence has been so bad, all teams fancy their chances at scoring a few against us.

Caporegime
The atmosphere is toxic and must be affecting the confidence of the players, even home form is a problem now. Even Wenger at his 'worst' until the end managed to keep things tight at home.

Soldato
The crowd tend to have tried to do their bit for most of the games, especially the away lot, at the start of games but they’re not paying money to turn up and be cheerleaders no matter how abject the performances (and they’ve been completely abject all of this season and the run-in last season). Every week they’re told the team knows it has to improve and is working hard, and every week they’re dished up the same steaming pile, so it’s no wonder by the final whistle they’re usually seething: see tonight for the latest instalment.

Man of Honour
The statement from the club regarding the ‘noise’ was horrible. We aren’t the best fans but they were definitely behind the team when things started to go wrong. I wouldn’t expect any fan to keep trying to egg the team on when this is the type of performance they’re dishing up.

as mentioned above the away fans are different class but there’s a limit to how much you can get behind a team. If we lose to Norwich I hope we get a repeat of tonight’s attendance until he’s gone. The performances are so far away from what this team is capable of.

Caporegime
The crowd tend to have tried to do their bit for most of the games, especially the away lot, at the start of games but they’re not paying money to turn up and be cheerleaders no matter how abject the performances (and they’ve been completely abject all of this season and the run-in last season). Every week they’re told the team knows it has to improve and is working hard, and every week they’re dished up the same steaming pile, so it’s no wonder by the final whistle they’re usually seething: see tonight for the latest instalment.

Tonight was free for season ticket holders and people still stayed at home. Have to get behind the team, the fans play a big part.

You can tell the players have lost confidence, should have been 3-4 up at half time and then fell to pieces when the first Frankfurt goal went in.

Atmosphere is toxic due to a clueless manager who hasn’t improved us one single bit. Even with the new players we have, he hasn’t been able to get them to play decently.

Booing off a captain and making him a scapegoat for bad team performances does nothing to help the team. Post Wenger was always going to be difficult, this is on the owners of the club for not stopping the rot. Emery is just the punchbag.

Caporegime
Tonight was free for season ticket holders and people still stayed at home. Have to get behind the team, the fans play a big part.

You can tell the players have lost confidence, should have been 3-4 up at half time and then fell to pieces when the first Frankfurt goal went in.

Booing off a captain and making him a scapegoat for bad team performances does nothing to help the team. Post Wenger was always going to be difficult, this is on the owners of the club for not stopping the rot. Emery is just the punchbag.
No he isn’t, he’s a punchbag because he was brought in to improve the team. Last season I was relatively happy with our performance ie getting to the europa league final albeit being beaten and just missing out on top 4. This season with the new players we have, he should have improved us but he hasn’t.
So what the hell do you expect from the fans?? The ones who pay for overpriced tickets to see this pile of crap play week in week out. Lol at your assertion that fans have no right to be aggrieved, they bloody well do. As for Xhaka?? What he did was uncalled for and same with the fans. But he was cheered tonight by fans so things have moved on. But he still shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.
Thing is now the board at Arsenal need to decide what to do with Emery, either sack him or keep with him. Personally I don’t see keeping him making us any better, as I said he’s lost the dressing room...I don’t think the players want to play for him anymore. If worse comes to worse, sack him off and put Freddie Ljungberg in till the end of the season. He can’t be any worse than what we are under Emery.

Back
Top Bottom