Origin membership?

Soldato
Did anyone get get an email last night about singing up to Origin membership?

I didn task for this to happen and my Origin account has been hacked once about a year ago.

Ive logged in it seems fine but I have a "basic" membership now, I never signed up for that.

Is this something they have just given people? Like a free trail to amazon prime for example?

EDIT:

Hi ***********,

Thank you for redeeming your Origin Access subscription code.

For recurring members, your reoccurring plan will restart immediately when the membership time from the redeemed code has concluded. For further information regarding your account details, including payment options, renewal dates and more, please login to your Origin account.

Please enjoy our growing collection of great PC games in The Vault, try upcoming EA games before they’re released and save 10% on your Origin purchases.

Soldato
This is a promotion EA are doing to reward users who activate two factor authentication. Nothing to worry about.

The email should really have made this clear though, as it does seem dodgy!

Associate
I came on here to ask the same question. Thanks for already answering it :)

Can't recommend 2FA enough really. I didn't have it on until recently - I got an email from EA about suspicious activity on my account. I changed my password and enabled 2FA then got a few codes come in via text message in Russian :rolleyes:

I was worried this origin account was something a hacker had done so good have it cleared up :p

Soldato
OP
I came on here to ask the same question. Thanks for already answering it :)

Can't recommend 2FA enough really. I didn't have it on until recently - I got an email from EA about suspicious activity on my account. I changed my password and enabled 2FA then got a few codes come in via text message in Russian :rolleyes:

I was worried this origin account was something a hacker had done so good have it cleared up :p

Yea I had very similar happen to my EA account about a year ago hence why I was suspicious.

Well fair enough to EA , but yea it would be nice if they could have clarified their email a bit.

Associate
Yep got he same last night and panicked a bit, but spotted non recurring on account page with no payment details / issued and realised it must be the 2FA thing about a month late!

But - got an annoying issue currently where origin app itself is just all greyed out, ctrl+r does nothing to reload. It’s ok for current games as I can load from outside but obviously an issue to add new stuff.

Anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

Associate
Yeah I got it last week after having not used Origin for months.

Don't get me wrong, I won't say no to free but the way they've got about it is a bit crap. Nothing makes me think security like a service I haven't used in ages sending me a random email that I've activated something.

Associate
I use origin now and again for a few games, mostly BF5 & Titanfall 2.
Quite pleased with this actually as it will let me play Frostpunk & They are Billions for 'nout, which is a great price.

Back
Top Bottom