• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 2080 Ti not allowing boot

Associate
Hi all,
Just received my lovely new gpu. Took out my old evga 980 Ti and slotted in the new asus 2080 Ti.
Power on, fans start spinning, lights come on but both my screens (DP and HDMI) after lighting up, are showing no input.
Checked all connections on mobo (P67A-something or other).
Put old gpu back in and everything boots up fine.
Tried new gpu just with the HDMI screen, no good.
Thoughts? BIOS update? (can't get into BIOS btw, dunno why! Boots straight to windows!)
Help! :D

Soldato
Probably needs a bios update if it is a 2nd gen intel board.

May want to consider upgrading though out of opinion. 2080Ti is probably more than twice as fast as your old 980Ti and your cpu May struggle a bit depending on resolution.

OcUK Staff
Put your old GPU back in, update BIOS, update Windows and try again.

Make sure you use to separate rails for the power connectors on the GPU, though a 1000W GPU should be more than ample.

Associate
OP
oh.....i7 cpu

How the hell do I even get into bios? Pressing DEL like a demented hamster and the bugger just boots into windows every time! Grrr.... (OS is on a SSD btw)
Found a NVIDIA display port update tool that I might give a go later as well.....

Associate
OP
After two evenings of faffing about (I've never swapped GPUs over so much!) I still get a black screen. Reluctantly, I'm sending the card back and I'll probably do a completely new build sometime next year. :(

Soldato
After two evenings of faffing about (I've never swapped GPUs over so much!) I still get a black screen. Reluctantly, I'm sending the card back and I'll probably do a completely new build sometime next year. :(

Unplug your HDD and SSD drives.
Then power on and go into your BIOS. It will be much easier because windows won't be able to load.

It's ridiculous buying a new pc every time you need a BIOS update.

Back
Top Bottom