• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yea, although at least they have given the option for a refund out with the normal refund policy. Positive vibes n all that.

3:09 PM PST

• We know that some users have recently purchased these two games for their collection. Because of the proximity between the launch of the platform, and the announcement of these titles in Stadia Pro, we're happy to assist you if you'd like to request a refund if you have purchased either or both of these titles, even if it's outside of our normal policy.

The buddy codes are now rolled outa to the Stadia forum :)

Soldato
If anybody doesn't have a buddy to send their code to, I would be ever so grateful :p ... Just need it to finally convince the Mrs that this thing works and The Premier Edition is worth it!

Associate
I may be in the minority but I think it's great.

I haven't gamed much for a while so playing Destiny for the first time is great.

I've had a little lag when at home but to be honest its been nothing too bad to spoil the fun

Soldato
Set up was easy, buying a game to play there and then was a breeze and I've yet to experience lag.

I never bought it to replace any games machine (PC or console) and as I said above I've done 10 hours+ on AC lag free. No danger I'd suffer it if it was laggy.

Soldato
nba2K20 is a massive turd of a game any way, So far i have played a few hours of destiny which runs really well, and I'm 60+ % through Tomb Raider, again runs really well, Now waiting to see if they do a black Friday sale, it has been mentioned on the Stadia forums, overall I'm happy and impressed, Looking forward to the achievements rolling out, should have quite a few ping.

Soldato
I've done more gaming on Stadia than I have in the month prior on my XB1. As a very occasional gamer knowing I'm not going to hit an update eating into my limited gaming time is a massive plus point for me. Whether I use it enough to stay pro... we'll see but I'm thinking I probably will. While I'll probably only end up clocking up a couple of hours some months it is only a couple of quid a week and if they keep a fairly steady stream of included pro games I'll probably only buy my must have titles out right.

If my XB1 wasn't on its last legs I'd maybe have waited a bit before buying into it but I'm actually really happy with what was provided at launch.

Has anyone worked out the battery life of the controller yet and more importantly, how long you have from the 10% on screen warning to the thing switching off? When I saw that I wondered why they set it so low but if that ends up being an hour of gaming then that's fine.

Associate
I play a lot more than I used to. I use the tv then when the family need it i just switch to the laptop and remain sociable on the sofa, no fans kick in so no complaints, I have learnt not to mash the buttons as well so silent gaming!

Soldato
LMAO. What next? NBA 2K20 has a bug which means it goes into update mode on Stadia.
Isn't the first and won't be the last game to have bugs...

nba2K20 is a massive turd of a game any way, So far i have played a few hours of destiny which runs really well, and I'm 60+ % through Tomb Raider, again runs really well, Now waiting to see if they do a black Friday sale, it has been mentioned on the Stadia forums, overall I'm happy and impressed, Looking forward to the achievements rolling out, should have quite a few ping.
I wasn't sure it would be a thing as some games are already discounted. Might pick a game up if they tempt me :)

Has anyone worked out the battery life of the controller yet and more importantly, how long you have from the 10% on screen warning to the thing switching off? When I saw that I wondered why they set it so low but if

I don't think it's long from 10%, maybe an 30 mins to an hour tops. I keep meaning to test the battery life of the controller but always forget, next full charge... Maybe...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Isn't the first and won't be the last game to have bugs...

I wasn't sure it would be a thing as some games are already discounted. Might pick a game up if they tempt me :)

I don't think it's long from 10%, maybe an 30 mins to an hour tops. I keep meaning to test the battery life of the controller but always forget, next full charge... Maybe...

Reports on Reddit are around 12 hours battery life.

Soldato
I may be in the minority but I think it's great.

I haven't gamed much for a while so playing Destiny for the first time is great.

I've had a little lag when at home but to be honest its been nothing too bad to spoil the fun

Been perfect for me, I am very much a casual gamer these days and it suits me well. Looking forward to some more games coming out, but I am enjoying myself so far. It can only get better and better.

Soldato
So I got my hands in a buddy code and have been playing on PC. I had an "excellent" connection when doing the Stadia speed test but now only "good" when in-game.

Also Destiny us a blurry mess to me on my 1080p monitor when set to Best Quality in the app.

Looks like I'll have to do some testing and maybe port forwarding.

Do we have an OCUK clan?

Associate
So I got my hands in a buddy code and have been playing on PC. I had an "excellent" connection when doing the Stadia speed test but now only "good" when in-game.

Also Destiny us a blurry mess to me on my 1080p monitor when set to Best Quality in the app.

Looks like I'll have to do some testing and maybe port forwarding.

Do we have an OCUK clan?

I read somewhere it's capped to a good connection in Chrome. I have excellent on Chromecast but also good in Chrome

Soldato
Hmm ok well that's more reassuring to know. I don't have a CCU so I'm not able to test.

I know Chrome is capped at 1080p but didn't know the connection was also capped

Associate
It's a bit a strange that there hasn't been any recent coverage on the somewhat rise of quality in the stadia now. But I guess from the catastrophic launch, most are just staying clear way.

Soldato
I've been playing it quite a bit since release, which is it just 2 weeks... Quality wise it's been flawless with AC , D2 and a little TR.

The launch had been fine, maybe not everything they said but I've no complaints.

Soldato
I have only been able to play on Chrome as I'm using a buddy pass, and I must say that the latency is "good" but the picture is "fair".

Looks very heavily compressed to me. But as stated above, and I can confirm, in only seeing 3.5MB/s download. So it must be capped. Which sucks because that must be less than YouTube videos at 1080p

Soldato
Stadia, 300Mbps, but no decent games. Any high profile titles available I've already played on the traditional setups and definitely not paying £50+ to sample them again at a higher fidelity.

It's looking like Thumper until something new ( across the board ) is released.Hopefully Cyberpunk will hit Stadia at the same time as the consoles.

Back
Top Bottom