Living next door to ******?

Associate
I expect if we had enough tv shows about travelers showing in them a good light then you could get people to live near them without much of a problem.

Man of Honour
So, hear's the question.

In all seriousness. Would you risk buying a house that is (More or less) opposite a modest (But with the potential for expansion) Traveler site (SCC Council managed)

As far as I can see, there have been no obvious problems associated with the site crime/Anti-social behaviour wise.

According to the local crime site, a handful of shoplifting arrests actually on the site over the last year or so but nothing more than that and no crimes reported by the immediate neighbors where I might be buying (But since Police generally totally ignore criminal activity by Travelers, perhaps one shouldn't read too much into that :p)

Personally, and in principle, I dont really think a small site (6 pitches or so on a council managed site) should be too much of a problem.. Not least because I suspect that, whatever they do elsewhere, Travelers living on an official site would be inclined to try quite hard not to upset their immediate neighbors.

(Indeed, if not in Blood, certainly in lifestyle, I am inclined to be a bit ***** myself, so having neighbors that are less likley to become ****** off by me and my activities might well be a win :D )

However, it might make the house hard to sell in the future should I wish to, especially if the site is expanded.

So, what would OCUK do?

If what you say about being a bit ***** yourself is true, then knock yourself out, but if an estate agent had suggested it to me as a possible purchase, and I drove slowly down the street, to check kerb appeal, then noticed the Traveller site, I would have gradually increased pressure on the gas pedal, and disappeared into the wild blue yonder.

Soldato
Hell no.

I’m as liberal and lefty as they come, and think the bad version of “travellers” are some of the worst people in society, intentionally not participating it it and abusing it from the outside whilst playing the victim.

How more people don’t set their caravans on fire I do not know when they rock up illegally.

Caporegime
(any order)Tax evading, disgusting, thieving, dishonest, animal abusing, stain on society.

Although my Oldman, rip, did get 2 pikies 2 redo his drive 20 years ago and it's still going strong so.... Guess he got lucky back then.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Could you have a look at the crime date for the area? might give you a clue as to how they behave. having said that I don't like ******.

Back
Top Bottom