• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 5700XT Help

Associate
Hey guys. I'm having some problems with my new rx 5700 xt red devil. I bought a new psu aswell (corsair tx650m) but ive tried with another gpu and thats fine. Drivers have been removed and reinstalled multiple times etc. Everything was working fine before this.

It all started when I turned on "Virtual Super Resolution" to see what it did. Now basically when I try to restart the computer (even into safe mode), it shuts itself off and when i turn it back on the resolution is stuck in 640x480. I've tried outside the case aswell, and I'm running into the same issues. Only way I've found to fix it was through replacing the gpu with my old GTX 1060. Any diagnoses, or should I RMA it?

Last edited:
Associate
how is the GPU connected to the PSU? do you have 2 separate 8 pin power cables going from the PSU to the GPU, or is it a single daisy chained power cable? i've heard of issues when people have been using a single daisy chained cable and all problems gone when changed to 2 separate cables.

Associate
Hi, just wondering if the 2 8pin cables fixed this problem or if you even tried it, im not having the same problem but i am getting random freezes when playing call of duty and sometimes in other games also.

The freezes can be from milliseconds up to 15 seconds long.

Back
Top Bottom