LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Caporegime
Just a shame that we'll never see appropriately priced oled monitors though!

I was looking at monitors as fancied an upgrade but just no point as they are terrible compared to OLED so will continue to use my current monitor for desktop stuff and my E7 for all gaming/media stuff (2+ years usage now and still no sign of any temporary or permanent image retention), might look at an upgrade in a few years time, g/free sync would be nice but not a game breaker for me personally.

Associate
Glad I made the right decision and waited on the C9 instead of getting the C8 last year. Still a wait for actual 2.1 cards though.

Caporegime
I am fed up waiting for a decent 4k hdr monitor with a refresh rate over 60Hz. I am moving my office at home over the next few months and I will be able to fit a 55" screen on the wall in the new office. Might keep my 32" screen on my desk for spreadsheets and stuff but we will see how it goes.

Monitor industry has been broken for years and they keep bringing out small incremental increases every two years but the quality decreases yet expect us to pay more than a 55" OLED costs for the privilege.

My current Benq 4k 60Hz 32" IPS screen with no glow or any other issues which I bought for £450 about 4 years ago seems to have been the pinnacle of monitor quality and value for money.

I would have paid up to £1000 for a 120Hz HDR version of it. Seems like the only screen coming out in any short term will be around £4k and the quality will no doubt suck as well.

Associate
Response rate is incredible. Despite being 60hz and having a 13ms input lag or 6ms input lag at 1440p

How do I verify this on my C9? Do I use Frametime via RivaTuner? I range from 13ms to 19ms, mostly 16ms at 1440p in Game mode running the RDR2 benchmark. Is this the same as the 13ms and 6ms you refer to?

Soldato
While not a c9 iv recently been playing the new star wars game on my 77c8 and its just bliss. I thought I'd prefere the higher resolution but at 1080p 120hz with hdr it's just glorious and so fun to play. I feel like I'd rather play games at that resolution with 120hz and hdr than at 3440x1440 on my monitor on my 2080ti

Caporegime
While not a c9 iv recently been playing the new star wars game on my 77c8 and its just bliss. I thought I'd prefere the higher resolution but at 1080p 120hz with hdr it's just glorious and so fun to play. I feel like I'd rather play games at that resolution with 120hz and hdr than at 3440x1440 on my monitor on my 2080ti

Gaming on a monitor just isn’t the same after using an OLED, they’re absolutely brilliant for titles like Star Wars with all the colours going on.

Soldato
OP
Gaming on a monitor just isn’t the same after using an OLED, they’re absolutely brilliant for titles like Star Wars with all the colours going on.

I think the colours benefit every game. Putting any game side by side with a PC monitor versus an OLED and the difference is astounding.

That’s before HDR even enters the equation.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
*waits for 77’’ C9 price drop next april*
*To take it for a 89 day spin*

Just kidding. That would be such a great experience. Way to rich for my blood though. Only way I would be able to justify spending that kind of money is having a few properties paid of providing me automated income :p

Associate
very close to pulling the trigger on the 65 C9. Was just hoping for more of a price drop but can't find anything better than £1899.

I assume the firmware for GSYNC hasnt been released europe yet? Also my 'TV PC' only has a 1080ti which i know won't support the 120hz over HDMI which means i have to connect my main PC (2080ti)

just trying to organise final bits, wireless gaming keyboard, mouse, etc.

Associate
Yeah just seen this, thanks! I notice most people want to buy from RS, is this because they more reliable, or just simply because you save a but of extra cash?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah just seen this, thanks! I notice most people want to buy from RS, is this because they more reliable, or just simply because you save a but of extra cash?
More warranty and they seem to get good reviews for customer service. Never needed to use their customer service so don’t know personally. One of my old Plasma TVs died not so long after it’s 5 year warranty run out some years ago. Luckily I managed to sell it for parts at a decent price on eBay :p

Back
Top Bottom