PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
So are my eyes deceiving me or you can get 3 months of ultimate for £1 at the moment? How is Microsoft expecting people to pay full price when they are used to these kind of deals.
Their counting on the tens of millions subbing @ £1 is way more income than a few 100K @ full price I think & its working well for them.

I mean who in their right mind does not want all 6 new Halo PC games (Reach is due in a few days), The Outer Worlds, Gears of War 5,4 & 1 remastered, Sea Of Thieves, Forza, Metro Exodus, Dead Rising 4 & a whole lot more for only £3.99 a month once the £ for 3 months trial has ended!! (if you buy a recent AMD CPU or GPU you also get 4 months for £1!!)

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Their counting on the tens of millions subbing @ £1 is way more income than a few 100K @ full price I think & its working well for them.

I mean who in their right mind does not want all 6 new Halo PC games (Reach is due in a few days), The Outer Worlds, Gears of War 5,4 & 1 remastered, Sea Of Thieves, Forza, Metro Exodus, Dead Rising 4 & a whole lot more for only £3.99 a month once the £ for 3 months trial has ended!! (if you buy a recent AMD CPU or GPU you also get 4 months for £1!!)

You would be surprised by how many won't take the offer up, some people will not use anything other than steam.

Soldato
So are my eyes deceiving me or you can get 3 months of ultimate for £1 at the moment? How is Microsoft expecting people to pay full price when they are used to these kind of deals.

Ace, my 3 months at £1 were to run out tomorrow, got another 3 months at £1, love it :D

Associate
You would be surprised by how many won't take the offer up, some people will not use anything other than steam.

Nah I think peoples loyalty to steam left a long time ago.

"Microsoft has not revealed exact subscriber numbers for Game Pass, but we have learned that there are currently some 9.5 million monthly users. Game Pass is an attractive proposition for publishers and developers because Microsoft pays out to developers each time a game is installed."

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if Phoenix Point will be launching on this at the same time as the Epic store?

Don't believe so, epic exclusive. Some other recent games which were gonna be epic exclusive like outerworld launched on MS pass as the Devs were brought by MS, or epic just wanted to keep game off steam. Phoneix point site also only mentions epic.

Shame, but like above, picked it up for 22.99 from cd keys. Expect I will get hours out of it if it's anywhere nearly as good as xcom.

Soldato
Don't believe so, epic exclusive. Some other recent games which were gonna be epic exclusive like outerworld launched on MS pass as the Devs were brought by MS, or epic just wanted to keep game off steam. Phoneix point site also only mentions epic.

Shame, but like above, picked it up for 22.99 from cd keys. Expect I will get hours out of it if it's anywhere nearly as good as xcom.

It isn't an Epic exclusive. It was announced as such but then afterwards it was announced that it would also launch on the Xbox games pass.

Soldato
It isn't an Epic exclusive. It was announced as such but then afterwards it was announced that it would also launch on the Xbox games pass.

Ahhh must have missed the revised announcement. Awesome if true (though sucks I preordered :( while have game pass)

Can see it here too https://phoenixpoint.info/faq

The PC and Mac OS versions of Phoenix Point will be launcing on the Epic Games Store in December 2019.

The PC version will also be releasing on Microsoft's Game Pass in December 2019 with the Xbox One version to follow in Q1 2020.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi I was just wanted to check something please, my xbox live has expired so thinking of ordering 3X12 months live then going for the ultimate for £1 it says it converts remaining live to ultimate, so if I claim the 36 months then this just wanted to check if anyone had done this recently. Seems like a very good deal

Soldato
Hi I was just wanted to check something please, my xbox live has expired so thinking of ordering 3X12 months live then going for the ultimate for £1 it says it converts remaining live to ultimate, so if I claim the 36 months then this just wanted to check if anyone had done this recently. Seems like a very good deal

Yes I did it and it works. Make sure your account is eligible for the $1 promotion first. I bought 3 months xbox gold for £38 each code and added those to my account first to get 3 years gold then took up the $1 for 3 months xbox ultimate and it converted my remaining gold to 3 years xbox ultimate. Finally I cancelled my sub.

Associate
Yes I did it and it works. Make sure your account is eligible for the $1 promotion first. I bought 3 months xbox gold for £38 each code and added those to my account first to get 3 years gold then took up the $1 for 3 months xbox ultimate and it converted my remaining gold to 3 years xbox ultimate. Finally I cancelled my sub.
Thanks for the info, seems like a good deal especially as it includes xbox and windows

Back
Top Bottom