• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU question

Soldato
I currently have a 2700 cpu,gigabyte x470 gaming 7 wifi and 3600 mhz mem (2x8 3600 8pac and 2x16 3600mhz trident x)
have had these for a year now and have completely failed to run the ram at 3600 can only manage 3200 on both sets :(

IF i treated myself to a 3700x would it allow me to run the ram at 3600?or would i also need a new 570 mobo too?
or is it not worth the upgrade?
playing any games i a interested in fine Destiny 2 atm
opinions please :)

Associate
Can't really answer your question, but my experience is similar to yours. 2700X, same motherboard, 4*8 GB of 8Pack DDR4. I struggle to get 3200 stable, probably a combination of the 4 sticks of memory and a poor IMC.

You definitely do not need to change the motherboard for a 3000 series Ryzen, unless you want the PCIe 4 support. Just make sure your BIOS and AGESA is updated.

Caporegime
Going to Zen 2 would get you running at 3600mhz with 2 modules. With the mismatch of 4 modules it's possible but not a given.

I can only get 4x16gb modules to 3000mhz on X570.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Got me a 3700x,was rude not too :D
mem is now purring along @3600 :D
Damn this chip runs hot though 44oC just browsing,fans speed up and down

change the fan to only chnage speed after 5 seconds that will stop the fan speed from changing all the time. 3000 series cpu new 7nm nodes have issues with small temp pikes and motherboard and fans react to quickly to it but by either changing the fan curve to not react so quickly or to make the fans only ramp up at 60 degress it gets rid of the issues. as for idle temps try closing down temp monitoring softwrase like corsiar icue the cpu still suffer with not being able to clock down low enough or it keeps cores from sleeping

Back
Top Bottom