**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Remember, that says it's 10W and fast charge is 11W... maybe... Well, this is my point anyway, I have 10W fast chargers and it doesn't say 'Fast Wirelessly Charging' when I use them.

Yeah I know, but as I said...

It needs to be a QI fast wireless charger (upto 11w apparently)

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-pixel-4-support-wireless-charging

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/7859

I'm just wondering what others might be using, failing that I'm just going to order one I like the look of! TBH it will be for either my desk at work or the bedside table, neither of which need to be particularly fast.

Soldato
So you said 'it needs to be a fast charger' then later you basically said 'it doesn't matter if it's not a fast charger'. So what are you actually asking us about the one you linked? Will it work? Yes, it should charge your phone.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes, I said it needs, not I need.

Stop trying to be an argumentative arrogant **** mate. You do it all the time in every thread I see you posting in... :rolleyes:

I was originally replying to your message, see below, when I said it needs to be a 11W QI (with EPP).

Then I simply asked if anyone else had one.

Get off your high horse.

Yeah, because they said it would fast charge of regular fast chargers. I have a couple, but neither have it say 'fast wireless charging' which I assume it should?

It needs to be a QI fast wireless charger (upto 11w apparently)

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-pixel-4-support-wireless-charging

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/7859

I'm just wondering what others might be using, failing that I'm just going to order one I like the look of! TBH it will be for either my desk at work or the bedside table, neither of which need to be particularly fast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I said it needs, not I need.

Stop trying to be an argumentative arrogant **** mate. You do it all the time in every thread I see you posting in... :rolleyes:

How so? Maybe you can be clearer in what your asking? You said it 'needs to be' then 'failing that'. I assume you were asking if it was a fast charger? You were simply asking if it would work then? I honestly don't get it. I was trying to help, saying it won't say 'fast wireless, charging' look -

Remember, that says it's 10W and fast charge is 11W... maybe... Well, this is my point anyway, I have 10W fast chargers and it doesn't say 'Fast Wirelessly Charging' when I use them.

Tell me, seriously, you see that as argumentative and arrogant over trying to be helpful?! Maybe you have the issue, not me.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
How so? Maybe you can be clearer in what your asking? You said it 'needs to be' then 'failing that'. I assume you were asking if it was a fast charger? You were simply asking if it would work then? I honestly don't get it. I was trying to help, saying it won't say 'fast wireless, charging' look -

No. You were, as usual trying to be clever and arrogant. I just asked if anyone was using a wireless charger, and if so what one. Its quite simple.

You said about it only being 10W and I replied that it needs to be 11W and as per the links support EPP to fast charge Pixel devices. I then said...

*Please note the 'need' in italics in my original post and also the bold as you seem to have missed that the first time round.

Tell me, seriously, you see that as argumentative and arrogant over trying to be helpful?! Maybe you have the issue, not me.

Lol. OK, yeah I'm the one that's the problem, sure. Except that also wasn't the post I was replying to was it. I was quite obviously replying to your post that was directly above mine.

So you said 'it needs to be a fast charger' then later you basically said 'it doesn't matter if it's not a fast charger'. So what are you actually asking us about the one you linked? Will it work? Yes, it should charge your phone.

I said it needs to be 11W to charge Pixels fast, the nI provided two links as reference, I then said that I don't care if the one I get isn't fast charge as it will just be for overnight or during the day at work. What part of that is it you do not understand?

Re read the thread from post 1455. @_Jimlad_ seems to have followed it OK.

Soldato
No. You were, as usual trying to be clever and arrogant.

No, I was honestly confused. If someone said to me 'we need to leave for the train at 2pm, but if all else fails we can catch a late night one', to me that means they want me there for 2pm... so I thought you wanted a fast charging one and was simply letting you know the one you linked wouldn't show up as such.

Yes, here I'm kind of pointing out that your contradicted yourself, (defending my misunderstanding perhaps) and then trying to clarify what you're asking and then confirming it should work. You then personally attack me? Maybe you should step away from your PC and take some deep breaths? I'm honestly confused by the whole situation.

Anyway, don't worry, I wont reply to you again. Clearly I'm upsetting you in some way, which was not my intention, I have no issue with you. I don't wish for any further abuse from you though, so I'll leave it there.

Associate
Is the Pixel 4 XL highly recommended? I'm currently using a Nokia 7 Plus which has seen better days.

I'm looking at the deal with 100GB Data from Three for the XL which is £40 p/m. I work away through the week and the hotel WiFi is usually poor so a large amount of data is needed to tether the laptop.

A large screen for Sat Nav and good camera are also wanted. I've always preferred the stock android over Samsung, etc skins too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the Pixel 4 XL highly recommended? I'm currently using a Nokia 7 Plus which has seen better days.

I'm looking at the deal with 100GB Data from Three for the XL which is £40 p/m. I work away through the week and the hotel WiFi is usually poor so a large amount of data is needed to tether the laptop.

A large screen for Sat Nav and good camera are also wanted. I've always preferred the stock android over Samsung, etc skins too.

I love it. It's niche phone for a certain person you could say. Probably better value in other phones like the S10 and OnePlus if you are just after a flagship

For me I love stock, a good camera and experience. The XL offers all that.

Had mine since day one. No regrets no issues.

Soldato
Is the Pixel 4 XL highly recommended?

I love it. It's niche phone for a certain person you could say.

This is the thing, I would say it's not a phone I would recommend to people generally, as it seems to be quite a marmite phone. You would need to watch some reviews and decide if the things people say are issues are actually issues to you. Having said that, there are less issues on the XL as the battery of the 4 is one of the biggest sticking points for people and I think the XL's battery is probably fine.

You like stock android and needing a large screen and good camera makes me think you'd probably be fine with a 4 XL though.

Soldato
This is the thing, I would say it's not a phone I would recommend to people generally, as it seems to be quite a marmite phone. You would need to watch some reviews and decide if the things people say are issues are actually issues to you. Having said that, there are less issues on the XL as the battery of the 4 is one of the biggest sticking points for people and I think the XL's battery is probably fine.

You like stock android and needing a large screen and good camera makes me think you'd probably be fine with a 4 XL though.

Come over to the XL Andy. You will fall in love all over again

Soldato
But I'm happy on the 4. :) The battery isn't an issue for me, I'm not sure I've been below 20% in the last week or two and I don't even top up charge. I did make the text a little bigger yesterday, which means I do miss a large screen for the real estate, but at the moment I'm still liking the small form factor. I sold my OnePlus 7 Pro this week and got it back out to reset... wow, it felt HUGE! As in, too big. Soooo heavy.

I'm expect I'll go back to bigger phones at some point, but for now, the 4 suits me :)

Associate
I love it. It's niche phone for a certain person you could say. Probably better value in other phones like the S10 and OnePlus if you are just after a flagship

For me I love stock, a good camera and experience. The XL offers all that.

Had mine since day one. No regrets no issues.

On paper it does seem pretty much perfect for what I need. Battery life on the XL seems fine and it's not really that important to me as we have chargers in the van/car for travelling around the country. I like the look of the OnePlus 7T but it is around the same or even more expensive on contract.

I guess it's just deciding whether it's going to be £40p/m for the next 2 years... And deciding between White and Orange.

Or the offer from Vodafone which is £37pm for 60GB data, which could possibly be enough but from what I've read, Three will be better for mobile data in large cities over the UK.

Soldato
60gb should be enough surely.

I went black and god God knows why it's not matte. Wish I had gone for white or orange. That's my only gripe ... Shiny back!

It's a great phone I am very pleased

Associate
Bloody Google. Giving away a Nest Hub if you buy a Pixel now. :mad:

I bought a Pixel 4 on the 23rd. Gave Google a call and they have said that devices purchased between the 22nd and 27th are eligible to claim a nest hub. Sounds like I'll be getting Google store credit for the cost of a hub. Will update once confirmed, awaiting a call back.

Associate
I bought a Pixel 4 on the 23rd. Gave Google a call and they have said that devices purchased between the 22nd and 27th are eligible to claim a nest hub. Sounds like I'll be getting Google store credit for the cost of a hub. Will update once confirmed, awaiting a call back.

So, received a call back. I've ordered a Nest hub and they are going to refund me for it. All I have to do is respond to an email they sent me with my order number. Was worth the effort for me personally.

Back
Top Bottom