• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700x temps

Associate
Thread bump - pretty much answered my questions, but is it worth me swapping out my Kraken X62 ?
NZXT'S Cam software is absolutely useless and finding an alternative to manage fan/pump speed is proving fruitless.

CPU hit 93°C running Heaven benchmark last night, and idles around 45°C - not comfortable with that.
That is definitely wrong. Install HWInfo64 and check what voltage it is idling at. If you have CAM running, try closing it and see if the voltage goes down. I had a program on my previous keyboard that would keep my 3800X at 1.475v and people had that issue with Corsair's software too. If that is fine, check other programs you might have active. Finally try re pasting the cooler.

Soldato
That is definitely wrong. Install HWInfo64 and check what voltage it is idling at. If you have CAM running, try closing it and see if the voltage goes down. I had a program on my previous keyboard that would keep my 3800X at 1.475v and people had that issue with Corsair's software too. If that is fine, check other programs you might have active. Finally try re pasting the cooler.
Repasted the CPU (KRYONAUT Thermal Grizzly) - I'd spread a thin layer all over, but when I lifted the heatsink to check, it was obvious the paste was too thin in some spots. Added a little more and reseated the cooler.

Ran HWInfo and immediately saw CPU idle temps of 32°C, so an instant improvement.

I've double checked the Windows power plan is on the Ryzen optimization setting and set Gigabyte's fan software to an aggressive curve.

Just running Hellblade: Senua"s Sacrifice (4k, all settings on Ultra) to check performance - GPU is at 65°C and CPU at 53°C.

I'll play a bit and check again - but a far better result than last night.

Caporegime
Thread bump - pretty much answered my questions, but is it worth me swapping out my Kraken X62 ?
NZXT'S Cam software is absolutely useless and finding an alternative to manage fan/pump speed is proving fruitless.

CPU hit 93°C running Heaven benchmark last night, and idles around 45°C - not comfortable with that.

I'd repaste, sounds far too high.

I don't see over 85 degrees with a silent Mugen 5.

Soldato
I'd repaste, sounds far too high.

I don't see over 85 degrees with a silent Mugen 5.
I think I'm going to try air cooling again - the risk of frying my new processor if the Kraken fails is just too great.

As mentioned in the other post, I put a Scythe Mugen PCGH edition on my son's rig and it's been brilliant. For £46, it's a no-brainer.

Soldato
I have a kraken x52 on a 2700x using kryonaut paste spread thinly all over die.

I get 70c max during stress testing and 50-60c during gaming.

Soldato
I'm using the D15 as well but I swapped out the front 140mm for the new A12x25 120mm to give me RAM clearance, using low ish speed fan curve, approx 800rpm under load I'm getting 59° in R20 and around 65° in Aida64 stress test.

XUlLxfG.jpg

XUlLxfG
:confused: So where's the PSU in that rig?

Associate
Repasted the CPU (KRYONAUT Thermal Grizzly) - I'd spread a thin layer all over, but when I lifted the heatsink to check, it was obvious the paste was too thin in some spots. Added a little more and reseated the cooler.

Ran HWInfo and immediately saw CPU idle temps of 32°C, so an instant improvement.

I've double checked the Windows power plan is on the Ryzen optimization setting and set Gigabyte's fan software to an aggressive curve.

Just running Hellblade: Senua"s Sacrifice (4k, all settings on Ultra) to check performance - GPU is at 65°C and CPU at 53°C.

I'll play a bit and check again - but a far better result than last night.
Glad to hear, those temps look normal so you should be fine.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Sorry to hijack

But is my 3700x supposed to idle at 1.4v and run cinebench at 1.2v?
Temps at 1.4v idle are around 40-50’c running cinebench it’s 60-67.
I’m using aquasuite and hwinfo

ryzen master will show a more upto date voltage usage from peak and current usage at idle using up to 1.4 or even 1.475 is nromal for short periods but its not all the time. high 30s to low 40s is nomral at idle though but i would check to see if you ahve temp monitor software thats stopping the proccsors cores from clocking down and sleeping

Associate
3700X, Phanteks p600s with their 3 fans on front, 2 be quiet exhaust out top. Red Devil 5700. Bequiet dark rock slim.

idle cpu 34c .344v
running heaven gfx test with everything maxed - cpu 45c gpu 64c fan speed 1600 rpm (about 25% on bar by looks in wattman)
cinebench r20 single core - 4397mhz 58c 1.4525v
cinebench r20 multi core - 3,941 across all cores 63c 1.22564v

totally silent to my ears

i dont play with OC (dont know how - nor want to ) - i think after much googling this looks like a nice cool system for AMD so hopefully lasts a good many years without issue?

full system build by overclockers received today.

Associate
ryzen master will show a more upto date voltage usage from peak and current usage at idle using up to 1.4 or even 1.475 is nromal for short periods but its not all the time. high 30s to low 40s is nomral at idle though but i would check to see if you ahve temp monitor software thats stopping the proccsors cores from clocking down and sleeping
there is a few v/‘c difference between hwinfo and ryzen master. Ryzem master does show cores going to sleep I have notice this after a cinebench run.

Your comment saying 1.475v is normal for short periods is now worrying me.
My chip idles at 1.4v and benches at 1.2v
I have reinstalled os and all programs but no change.
I will close my programs and see if any change

TrM

TrM

Associate
there is a few v/‘c difference between hwinfo and ryzen master. Ryzem master does show cores going to sleep I have notice this after a cinebench run.

Your comment saying 1.475v is normal for short periods is now worrying me.
My chip idles at 1.4v and benches at 1.2v
I have reinstalled os and all programs but no change.
I will close my programs and see if any change

Hwinfo and other programs only show the higest value but ryzen master shows the very fast changing values. Single core boosting to like on my 3900x to reach 4.6ghz it uses 1.463v on ryzen master for very short periods of time And i idle at about 0.675v in ryzen master but the quick changing to boost 1 or 2 cores is goes back to 1.4v for a very short period of time. Sorry if im not explaining this well But its How amd ryzen 3000 work and seeing high voltage is normal.

the all core boost is allways lower then the single core boost. The cpu software doesn't show correctly and i also was worried when i saw idle 1.4v in some software but in ryzen master iit only shows a avarage of 1.1v

Associate
3700X, Phanteks p600s with their 3 fans on front, 2 be quiet exhaust out top. Red Devil 5700. Bequiet dark rock slim.

idle cpu 34c .344v
running heaven gfx test with everything maxed - cpu 45c gpu 64c fan speed 1600 rpm (about 25% on bar by looks in wattman)
cinebench r20 single core - 4397mhz 58c 1.4525v
cinebench r20 multi core - 3,941 across all cores 63c 1.22564v

totally silent to my ears

i dont play with OC (dont know how - nor want to ) - i think after much googling this looks like a nice cool system for AMD so hopefully lasts a good many years without issue?

full system build by overclockers received today.
You got the bios settings for that .334v idle?

Please

Associate
Hwinfo and other programs only show the higest value but ryzen master shows the very fast changing values. Single core boosting to like on my 3900x to reach 4.6ghz it uses 1.463v on ryzen master for very short periods of time And i idle at about 0.675v in ryzen master but the quick changing to boost 1 or 2 cores is goes back to 1.4v for a very short period of time. Sorry if im not explaining this well But its How amd ryzen 3000 work and seeing high voltage is normal.

the all core boost is allways lower then the single core boost. The cpu software doesn't show correctly and i also was worried when i saw idle 1.4v in some software but in ryzen master iit only shows a avarage of 1.1v
So it’s 1.4v at idle because one or two cores is boosting?

My problem I didt pay attention first thing I did was undervolt 1.1v and I’m sure idle v was lower and cinibench was 1.1v at 3600mhz

TrM

TrM

Associate
So it’s 1.4v at idle because one or two cores is boosting?

My problem I didt pay attention first thing I did was undervolt 1.1v and I’m sure idle v was lower and cinibench was 1.1v at 3600mhz

yea it shows 1.4v on monitoring software because it is boosting 1 or 2 cores very quickly the changes in clock speed and voltage With me montoring though ryzen master jump around so quickly that you can't keep up. But boosting of 1 or 2 cores will show the voltage at 1.4v

Back
Top Bottom