Is a 590 a waste in my old system?

Associate
it depends what games you want to play and at what resolution. usually you want to spend more on your cpu than anything else and so I am saying that your system sounds OK particularly for shooters at low res (say 1080). I however am enjoying a powerful but cheap 3600 on warhammer 2 to reduce the turn times from 5 mins to 1 mins (mortal empires turns).

Soldato
Not at all - you can carry it into a new system when it does come time to upgrade CPU.

You could also upgrade to a 3570 or 3770 on your existing motherboard for minimal cost, as a stopgap.

Associate
contrary to what people are saying, if its the latest games you are playing then yes, the 3450 will have bad minimum frames in a lot of new games.

agree with above, get a 3770 2nd hand and then you will be sorted, still a good cpu. the extra threads make a major difference now.

Associate
A lot of GPU for the money - I was tempted even though I have no use for it. My nephew is playing everything he wants with my old 3770 and RX570 so you'll be good to go on anything that doesn't need more than 4 threads.

Back
Top Bottom