RAM upgrade

Associate
Hi all, im new to this , but im looking to upgrade my RAM currently I have 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)

my cpu is Intel® Core™i5 Six Core Processor i5-8400 (2.8GHz) 9MB Cache

motherboard is ASUS® PRIME Z370-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

I was looking at this potentially, would this be a fit?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-channel-kit-black-grey-tdged4-my-09p-tg.html

thank you in advance

Associate
OP
certain games aren't quite as smooth as id like them to be when playing, im not sure if 8 is enough, I thought maybe getting at least 16gb would solve majority of any issues im having/would have, im not doing hardly any video editing , its mainly gaming, but nothing too high end

Associate
OP
my gpu is 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP

mainly MMO type games such as World of Warcraft, but also open world games such as fallout 3/4 and the like

Associate
what applications do you have open when you are playing games? do you keep Google Chrome and other applications open in the background?

I have been playing Fallout 3/NV/4 and many other games with no isses with 8GB RAM for years.

The 1050ti could be struggling to keep up even at 1080p 60hz which im assuming you are playing at.

Before you buy anything you need to identify where the bottleneck is, if you have Geforce Experiance installed then you can use it to display system information in your game window.
If you dont have Gforce Experiance then get MSI Afterburner which will do the same thing.

Once you have the numbers overlayed on your game you can keep an eye on FPS, CPU usage, GPU usage and RAM usage. whichever one is maxed out is your bottleneck.

Back
Top Bottom