Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Commissario
Video I have just seen, shows the Police pulling off a member of the public (I guess), then you see what looks like a puff of smoke coming from where the armed copper is - end of video.
That's a taser. It's bright yellow. That video carries on and you can see a further puff from the right and he drops.

There's another video from another angle where you can see a lot of people around him, not just that single member of the public. Then they all scatter away, the member of the public is pulled off and you see an officer off to the right shooting him, single shot and he's dropped.

I wonder if the reason everyone scattered is because he pulled out a weapon. That would make sense and make him an immediate threat.

Caporegime
There must be more to it, the copper to the left of the suspect had a taser so he could've easily be incapacitated.

Well I'm sure Corbyn will be very upset and will berate the police for not arresting him. I mean he wasn't happy about either the ISIS leader or Bin Laden getting shot so will be interesting to see what he says about this one.

Soldato
That's a taser. It's bright yellow. That video carries on and you can see a further puff from the right and he drops.

There's another video from another angle where you can see a lot of people around him, not just that single member of the public. Then they all scatter away, the member of the public is pulled off and you see an officer off to the right shooting him, single shot and he's dropped.

I wonder if the reason everyone scattered is because he pulled out a weapon. That would make sense and make him an immediate threat.

This is the one I saw - though didn't play as well on MSN.

Associate
I can't believe people actually care what happens to the perpetrator in a situation like this. Good grief, grow a spine ..

Soldato
I am more concerned for the 5? victims he stabbed, he will not be stabbing anyone every again that is for sure. :)
I'm not concerned for him, but if the Police have taken it on themselves to be judge, jury and executioner that's a massive problem.

IF (and it's a big if) he was unarmed at the time and there was no reason to believe he was a danger the Police have made a huge mistake. Conversely, if he was armed or there was reason to believe so, they've done a great job.

Associate
Huge respect to the civillians who restrained him. And props to the police identifying the threat and taking immediate action.

This is the best response to a horrific scenario, epecially with the public fighting back. The best message that can be sent to any low-life who thinks about planning the next attack is that people won't just roll over.

Permabanned
maniac111, Who is this "we" you speak for?

You were not there so you have no clue what happened and what decisions have to be made in a spit second and yes it can go wrong.

A lowlife who stabbed 5 people is dead instead of 6 or more stabbed.

Caporegime
Watching the video it did look like a case of trigger happiness to be fair, *if* he was unarmed they should have arrested and interrogated him.

Associate
No - we care about things like the rule of law and giving people a just trial rather than shooting them on the spot.
If someone randomly starts stabbing you in the street I'm sure you'll be fine with the police trying to talk them out of it instead of taking action then

Soldato
If someone randomly starts stabbing you in the street I'm sure you'll be fine with the police trying to talk them out of it instead of taking action then
If you read the full post, directly above the one you've quoted, you'll see that I made it clear that IF there was no reason to believe that the man was a threat then the Police have made a mistake in shooting him. If there was good reason to believe he was a threat, then they've done their job well.

Caporegime
I'm not concerned for him, but if the Police have taken it on themselves to be judge, jury and executioner that's a massive problem.

IF (and it's a big if) he was unarmed at the time and there was no reason to believe he was a danger the Police have made a huge mistake. Conversely, if he was armed or there was reason to believe so, they've done a great job.

This. The suspect was pinned down and there were plenty of armed officers to help secure him at gun point.

Of course, is the suspect had some kind of bomb he was trying to detonate , and the guy pinning him down was some kind fo plain clothes police who saw this he may have communicated this fact, so taking him out was the right course of action.

We can;t know, but from the video it looks very bad for the police. No one cares about the attacker but if this was another case of a trigger happy police officer then it may mean some biugger changes to the way armed police operate in the future

Back
Top Bottom