• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Choosing between 2070 Super cards

Soldato
This Palit I'll go for.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04z-pl.html

I think it looks ok.

I agree that there are so many of these with slightly different names that it can get confusing, as Gibbo said the part number is right but the picture is wrong, a difference between a C and a D in the part name, when I researched I just did it on the card name (probably how the guys got the pictures too), I actually had to scroll down quite a lot to get the wrong one when searching on the name after the surprise of what arrived.

On googling the USB-C thing it's really just to get extra power (and data) and be able to connect (next gen) VR headsets with a single cable. You'll probably be able to get VirtualLink USB-C type cards once the technology catches up.

I'll talk to the guys tomorrow and see how much hassle this is going to be to change my one and take it from there.

I'd have gone for that gamerock one too but it looks like a toy...

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I chose the Gigabyte game oc, not sure what it's called now but anyhow well pleased with my upgrade from a 980ti. Nearly doubled my fps in cod:)

OcUK Staff
I chose the Gigabyte game oc, not sure what it's called now but anyhow well pleased with my upgrade from a 980ti. Nearly doubled my fps in cod:)

Be this one:

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3X 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £479.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-1B5-GI.html

GV-N207SGAMING OC-8GD, Boost Clock: 1815MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 2560, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 4 Years Warranty

Only £479.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Sold 150+ of them alone today. :)

Ree

Ree

Associate
can highly recommend that gigabyte card also.. its solid. really quiet and cool compared to my reference vega 64 :)

rgb fusion software is utter garbage though actually crashes my pc and its a fresh windows install.

edit:

i should point out that its the newer version of fusion which is crashing my pc, the older version i have works fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Took Gibbo's generous offer of some retroactive discount, also bought a new case with extra fans from OCUK and am back being very happy with Gigabyte OC 3X. In a proper airflow case like Corsair 450D it's very quiet and cool. Dropped as much as 20c at load from my very old prior case.

OcUK Staff
Took Gibbo's generous offer of some retroactive discount, also bought a new case with extra fans from OCUK and am back being very happy with Gigabyte OC 3X. In a proper airflow case like Corsair 450D it's very quiet and cool. Dropped as much as 20c at load from my very old prior case.

Just in time as they are about to sell out, got more on the way as it’s being extremely popular card.

Associate
I have just taken delivery of a gigabyte gaming oc X3 white (without usb-c) whilst my order was for the gaming oc white (with usb-c). The website is still wrong. I don't know if I'll want to use the usb-c port in the future. there are two different cards and both show on the gigabyte website.

OcUK Staff
I have just taken delivery of a gigabyte gaming oc X3 white (without usb-c) whilst my order was for the gaming oc white (with usb-c). The website is still wrong. I don't know if I'll want to use the usb-c port in the future. there are two different cards and both show on the gigabyte website.

USB C was EOL by GIgabyte, it is on their site but we cannot buy it anymore, I tried.
If you point where our site is still incorrect and I shall correct it because it was all fixed and Gigabyte confirm our site as being fine, so if it is still wrong it would be helpful to know what is still wrong as something must have being missed by both myself and Gigabyte.

Associate
Thank you for your prompt reply. The box on your website (item gx-1b4-gi) show the non X3 model and the model number shows as GV-N207SGAMING OC WHITE-8GC.

The X3 model is GV-N207SGAMING OC WHITE-8GD (just the one letter different).

OcUK Staff
Thank you for your prompt reply. The box on your website (item gx-1b4-gi) show the non X3 model and the model number shows as GV-N207SGAMING OC WHITE-8GC.

The X3 model is GV-N207SGAMING OC WHITE-8GD (just the one letter different).

Ah you got the white card?
OK so it seems Gigabyte have changed that one too and failed to inform us and I can only apologise for that.

Back
Top Bottom