Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Man of Honour
A caller into LBC says their relative witnessed it and several people shouted that he had a suicide vest. He may or may not have had one, but if there was a suspicion of it then that could be why the police shot him.

Soldato
So what he coudl; ahve had another or a vest and again he did stabb them it cannot be taken back so ZZzz enough.
Let's get this clear.

If you go out and stab someone tomorrow, is your opinion that the Police should be entitled to shoot you on the spot? Or do you think you should be arrested and given a fair trial?

What if you stabbed someone because they came at you with a knife first? What if you stabbed someone you had legitimate reason to believe was about to blow themselves up?

There are always nuances to this kind of thing. You cannot say that he stabbed people so should be shot regardless of circumstances. There are some situations, including those in which the perpetrator poses a continuing threat, where he may have to be shot for the benefit of the public as a whole, but save in those circumstances it is never right to shoot someone when you could arrest and try them.

Permabanned
Typing with wet hands after a poo break and waiting on Amazon driver now edited my typos thanks everyone for the concern.

@maniac111, I cannot read any more of your nonsense so no thanks.

Soldato
Typing with wet hands after a poo break and waiting on Amazon driver now fixed thanks.

maniac111 I cannot read any more of your nonsense so no thanks.
My nonsense is a fundamental tenet on which this country, and others which treat its citizens justly, are founded. Go back to fapping over pictures of Donald Trump.

Soldato
Let's get this clear.

If you go out and stab someone tomorrow, is your opinion that the Police should be entitled to shoot you on the spot? Or do you think you should be arrested and given a fair trial?

What if you stabbed someone because they came at you with a knife first? What if you stabbed someone you had legitimate reason to believe was about to blow themselves up?

There are always nuances to this kind of thing. You cannot say that he stabbed people so should be shot regardless of circumstances. There are some situations, including those in which the perpetrator poses a continuing threat, where he may have to be shot for the benefit of the public as a whole, but save in those circumstances it is never right to shoot someone when you could arrest and try them.

Shoot them there and then.
A person is breaking the law having a weapon in public in the first place.
And who knows what that person will do.

Permabanned
Just saw this, there was a report by the Sun newspaper that "the man on the bridge appeared to be wearing a suicide vest". This is why they would have shot him.

I thought the shot shouldn't have been required to be fired, however then I read that.

Caporegime
Shoot them there and then.
A person is breaking the law having a weapon in public in the first place.
And who knows what that person will do.

So the police would have been justified in shooting the bystander who took his weapon away?

edit: damn beaten :p

Associate
Let's get this clear.

If you've just stabbed a bunch of people and been bundled to the floor, regardless of how many knives those people who got you down took off you - if you try to get up with armed police pointing guns and you, you get everything you deserve. The police HAD to assume he had another weapon. To do anything else would be to risk their and other peoples lives. It's common sense. If he wanted to live, he should have stay put. The police, imo, had no choice.

Well done to the public there.

Soldato
Probably stating the obvious - but we are all armchair experts on this one, sat safe in our homes, offices, or somewhere safe on our chose smart device; viewing the videos with a safe and critical eye.

Personally - do I believe that the Police murdered/executed the guy? No. Though I base that on the same videos we have all seen so far - but I also base this on having faith in our Police officers and their training. The video does look pretty rough though, but the guy clearly makes a move - and who knows what he had on him? A bomb vest, a grenade, maybe a gun... and in the heat of the moment, there is probably no time to be issuing warnings and pleas - maybe the armed Coppers around these key places have even been given an unofficial 'shoot on site' waiver?

Here's hoping that the victims are going to be fine, that no other nutters try to carry out more attacks, and that the guy who was shot deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom