Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Caporegime
Shoot them there and then.
A person is breaking the law having a weapon in public in the first place.
And who knows what that person will do.

Does this mean the police can instantly just execute anyone who breaks the law? E.g, soemon drops litter, ***bammm***, head shot.

Soldato
Shocking attack, hopefully none of the victims are seriously hurt.

Amazing job by the public and later, the Police. The way they quickly cleared the people piled on top of the attacker was clearly something they've practiced thousands of times.

From witness reports, the end came very shortly after the attacker was reaching to lift his coat, revealing what they described as some kind of vest.

Permabanned
@ mmj_uk, Possibly the police use common sense and their eyes and brains to see he helped as well as the guy with his legs wrapped around him who seems to do the best job of all them.

Caporegime
Just saw this, there was a report by the Sun newspaper that "the man on the bridge appeared to be wearing a suicide vest". This is why they would have shot him.

I thought the shot shouldn't have been required to be fired, however then I read that.

I can understand that then.

Caporegime
Probably stating the obvious - but we are all armchair experts on this one, sat safe in our homes, offices, or somewhere safe on our chose smart device; viewing the videos with a safe and critical eye.

Personally - do I believe that the Police murdered/executed the guy? No. Though I base that on the same videos we have all seen so far - but I also base this on having faith in our Police officers and their training. The video does look pretty rough though, but the guy clearly makes a move - and who knows what he had on him? A bomb vest, a grenade, maybe a gun... and in the heat of the moment, there is probably no time to be issuing warnings and pleas - maybe the armed Coppers around these key places have even been given an unofficial 'shoot on site' waiver?

Here's hoping that the victims are going to be fine, that no other nutters try to carry out more attacks, and that the guy who was shot deserved it.

I don't see anyone saying the police have done something wrong. The video is curious and raises questions. The police may or may not ahve done something wrong, we will find out later.

Associate
Someone who preemptively stabbed and injured 5 people has been shot dead by trained Police. The type of Police who go through rigerous situational training.

How is this even a cause of controversey?

We should be relieved that this low-life won't be a toll on the justice and rehabilitation system, allowed to preach their hatred to others in Prison and then reintroduced into society 2 decades later.

Permabanned
I can understand that then.

I have just seen the video live of it happening online though I can't see the vest I can just see everyone moving away from him then 2 shots where fired and then man down.

I believe 1 police officer moved the last public man off the knife man and the police officer obviously saw something on the knife man and that was when he was shot.

Associate
I don't see anyone saying the police have done something wrong. The video is curious and raises questions. The police may or may not ahve done something wrong, we will find out later.
People like you are more than happy to jump to the assumption they have though aren't you

Soldato
Not the same as what you asked.
The guy was a hero....

I see the Corbinest are out in force try to get political points over this.

I've never voted Labour in my life and have no intention of doing so at the upcoming election either. Until Brexit, I have always voted Tory, and now vote Lib Dem.

Caporegime
@ mmj_uk, Possible the police use common sense and their eyes and brains to see he helped as well as the guy with his legs wrapped around him who seems to do the best job of all

but you're assuming they saw him disarm the guy, what you're saying is if the guy running down the bridge with the knife had been shot in error by some armed copper who had just turned up late then it's okay because:

"Shoot them there and then.
A person is breaking the law having a weapon in public in the first place.
And who knows what that person will do."

You have to have some kind of justification to shoot someone dead, even if armed.

Back
Top Bottom