570 hero & hyper m. 2 issue

Associate
Hi folks, hope this is the right place to ask so here goes. I have the HERO VIII Motherboard (570) can't remember if it's x or z but it's the amd one. Anyhow I also have the Asus hyper m.2 x16 card v2. I have 3 drives in it. I'm not looking for raid more so just use them as separate drives however if it has to be raid I don't mind. Either way... I can not get it to pick up the 3rd drive in slot 3, the indicator light is on at the back so the card knows its there. To get it to find the 2nd one I had to turn on pcie raid in bios but no matter what I look up I can't get it to find the 3rd drive in the bios or windows. Can someone recommend what I should do as I'm going through the manual for both motherboard and hyper card but drawing a blank here.

I've done as it says

Ps. Its in slot 2 which manual says is x16 port

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh I didn't see a setting for that, I thought you can have a gpu in as well as you can supposedly run 2 of these hyper cards.
You could run 2 of those cards on a hedt platform like x399. But there just aren't enough lanes from the CPU on AM4.

You could use the bottom slot from the chipset for the graphics card.

Or you could use the two m.2 slots on the board for two of the drives and a PCI adapter in the bottom slot for the last one. That'd leave you with the full 16 lanes for the graphics card.

Associate
OP
You could run 2 of those cards on a hedt platform like x399. But there just aren't enough lanes from the CPU on AM4.

You could use the bottom slot from the chipset for the graphics card.

Or you could use the two m.2 slots on the board for two of the drives and a PCI adapter in the bottom slot for the last one. That'd leave you with the full 16 lanes for the graphics card.

Ah I understand now... Yea upon doing more research You are correct (not that I doubted you) I just wish a read more before I jumped in with both feet first but I've a use for the 3rd drive now anyhow and I'll just stick with the 2 in the hyper card and 2 in the motherboard. It's just when the 1tb drives were on offer I thought I could gather up on them but didn't do my research fully.... Thank for your help. Means a lot of people as stupid as me lol.

Back
Top Bottom