Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Caporegime
Sky News commentator just now: "First thing to do is find out if he was acting alone" - that's also why you wouldn't have shot him dead were he unarmed but if he had a vest then fair enough.

Soldato
That escalated quickly. Our office is just by Borough and I'd popped downstairs at 2pm for a short meeting. Came back up into the office a short while later and the area was teeming.

My wife is heading out for a drink in Southwark later... would prefer if she stayed in tbh.

Soldato
Having seen a couple of the videos, the suspect clearly tries to get up after the last guy is pulled away from him. Personally I don't see that the officers have any other choice in the split second they had to react to that action, given the bloke has just been on a stabbing spree and was clearly intent on causing harm and not complying with police.

Also, whoever those first civilians were to challenge him, balls of steel. Fair play.

Associate
I believe the last lot who went mental with knifes on London bridge and thereabouts were wearing fake suicide vests.

I suspect it's rather hard to tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom