Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Soldato
Awesome, no members of the public killed and one less **** head in the world. Was just in near London Bridge yesterday, getting sad that you need to look over your shoulder in London now.

Soldato
This. The suspect was pinned down and there were plenty of armed officers to help secure him at gun point.

Of course, is the suspect had some kind of bomb he was trying to detonate , and the guy pinning him down was some kind fo plain clothes police who saw this he may have communicated this fact, so taking him out was the right course of action.

We can;t know, but from the video it looks very bad for the police. No one cares about the attacker but if this was another case of a trigger happy police officer then it may mean some biugger changes to the way armed police operate in the future

"We can't know" and yet you're still contemplating that it might have involved "trigger happy police" based on low-res phone video? It'll be fully investigated and the officers will have had BWV along with there being various civilian witnesses nearby. If there's some element of wrongdoing or the threat was misjudged that will come out in due course.

The way armed officers currently operate is the reason that out of 20,186 firearms operations in 2018-19, only 13 resulted in police firearms being discharged.

Soldato
I'm just grateful that these lunatics are seemingly so incompetent. These events always seem like they could be so much worse and thankfully no-one was killed. It seems the police have done their job well. Time will tell.

Early days yet, but I'm thinking state-sponsored attacks in the name of 'terrorism, when really it's to get the electorate to go hating on foreigners and thus vote Tory. It happened in 2017 and sadly it's happening again now.

Utter pointless loss of lives / casualties :(

Soldato
[
Early days yet, but I'm thinking state-sponsored attacks in the name of 'terrorism, when really it's to get the electorate to go hating on foreigners and thus vote Tory. It happened in 2017 and sadly it's happening again now.

The Tories might well be a lot of bad things but I don't think I'd peg them for deliberately injuring and potentially killing people in some sort of false flag vote winner

Caporegime

Brilliant.

I guess they’ll force Corbyn to put his foot in it if/when he complains that the poor terrorist should have been arrested etc...

Associate
Brilliant.
I guess they’ll force Corbyn to put his foot in it if/when he complains that the poor terrorist should have been arrested etc...

''Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn tweeted that the reports from London Bridge were "shocking" and his thoughts were with those who were caught up in the incident.''

''The suspect, who died at the scene, was believed to have been wearing a hoax explosive device, police said.''

''The Met Police has declared the stabbing attack a terrorist incident.''

Back
Top Bottom