Toasters are quite simple; so how do YOU decide which to buy?

Soldato
One that takes a slice of bread without having to wedge the damn thing in, toaster makers and bread makers need team up and make a standard slice of bread size for both industries to follow :p

Caporegime
I'm reviewing a toaster from an eco perspective as part of my course at university (thank f I'm paying £9250 a year amirite), and I noticed that there's very little to differentiate each product from one another.

So, unlike a phone, where you may choose an iPhone from a Samsung because of OS, what influences your purchase decision on a toaster?

I buy the cheapest one in the right colour that matches the kitchen or other appliances (like coffee machine, kettle, etc) from argos, B&M or amazon.

It's not an appliance anyone needs to spend money on. just get the cheapest one you can find.

My wife bought a £60 toaster once and i broke it within 3 months. after that she agreed with me £10 toasters are much better

Associate
One that takes a slice of bread without having to wedge the damn thing in, toaster makers and bread makers need team up and make a standard slice of bread size for both industries to follow :p

THIS ^^^

Personally, its down to outer design and colour matching the other items in the kitchen more than anything really. Most toasters will toast just fine. I dont need fancy reheat stuff etc etc ... bread in, handle down, make tea, pop up, toast. boom !

Soldato
One with a high lift so we can get small stuff like hot cross buns out without poking a knife down there or sticking fingers near the hot element. Otherwise, just the cheapest, we seem to kill toasters and kettles in this house.

Soldato
If you overclocked the toaster but water-cooled it would the toast be done sooner, the same or take longer????? WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

:D

:D

I want to know how people butter their toast. I used to spread a thin coating over the whole surface but now I put a blob in the middle and just squish it between two slices.

Soldato
4 slots minimum and then design/cost. Probably design over cost, ie would pay more for something that looks good/fits the rest of the kitchen given it's one of only a few appliances that's kept out.

Come to think of it, that's weird. Our food blender, smoothie maker, toastie maker, etc etc, are all in the cupboard. We probably only have toast once or twice a week at most so why we've deemed that appliance worthy of a permanent countertop position I have no idea. Hell we use lots of other things in drawers more often, pots and pans, measuring jugs etc.

Back
Top Bottom