lg 55oled b9

Caporegime
Finally hit £999, v v nice!!! :cool:

What's the 1440p scaling like on these with PC use? I'm just wondering if it'll do until HDMI 2.1 cards are finally out, then make the switch to 4k/120hz...

Caporegime
To think that I got my 55" E7 for £899 2+ years ago..... :p

But still a superb price that B9, might be lucky to see it drop another £100 elsewhere tomorrow.

Can't speak for the newer models but scaling for all resolutions looks perfect on my E7, even 1080P looks fantastic, yet another area where TVs are far superior than monitors :o Also, don't forget when you're are at the recommend viewing distance of 7+ feet, you'll be hard pressed to notice the difference between 1440 and 4k, heck even 1080P if playing games that aren't utilising HD/4k textures etc. OLED tech. and it's infinite contrast ratio works wonders for sharpness/clarity alone.

Associate
So tempted to get this. I also have the LG38 or Acer 43 on my list..

The only thing I don't enjoy playing on coach gaming is FPS multiplayers. Other then that I'm easy.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To think that I got my 55" E7 for £899 2+ years ago..... :p

But still a superb price that B9, might be lucky to see it drop another £100 elsewhere tomorrow.

Can't speak for the newer models but scaling for all resolutions looks perfect on my E7, even 1080P looks fantastic, yet another area where TVs are far superior than monitors :o Also, don't forget when you're are at the recommend viewing distance of 7+ feet, you'll be hard pressed to notice the difference between 1440 and 4k, heck even 1080P if playing games that aren't utilising HD/4k textures etc. OLED tech. and it's infinite contrast ratio works wonders for sharpness/clarity alone.
Good price you got it for, but glad I waited. It will do 4K 120hz and have VRR and G-Sync so will work great on consoles and PC ;)

Going to grab one tomorrow ;)

Caporegime
Good price you got it for, but glad I waited. It will do 4K 120hz and have VRR and G-Sync so will work great on consoles and PC ;)

Going to grab one tomorrow ;)

Yup, was a stonking deal, I considered selling it on for its RRP of £2500+ then buying the cheaper B/C 7 but cba with the faff.

Let us know what you think, pretty sure that once you see it, you aren't going to want to look at anything non OLED again ;) There's only so much that higher resolutions and refresh rates can do on crappy LCD panels.

You'll just wish you had got one sooner to enjoy :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A heads up for anyone who would rather pay more and go for the C9. It can be had for £1179 by getting RS to price match apparently. Still not cheap enough for me to cancel my B9 order though. The difference is too small to warrant the price difference for me.

Soldato
I thought only the c9 and above did 4k 120hz, I was under the impression the b9 only did 60hz. What does the c9 offer if not that?

Soldato
I thought only the c9 and above did 4k 120hz, I was under the impression the b9 only did 60hz. What does the c9 offer if not that?

No, both have 120Hz panels, they each just use a different processor. Technically LG could not update the B9 and only allow the C9 to have full fat 120Hz operation via HDMI 2.1 once HDMI 2.1 GPUs arrive, but I have read in several places that they've been quoted as saying it will be supported. And when you think about it, why on earth would they put HDMI 2.1 ports on it if they had no intention of fully supporting HDMI 2.1 features??

The picture differences between the B9 and C9 are very minor... most people won't notice at all, even side by side.

Soldato
No, both have 120Hz panels, they each just use a different processor. Technically LG could not update the B9 and only allow the C9 to have full fat 120Hz operation via HDMI 2.1 once HDMI 2.1 GPUs arrive, but I have read in several places that they've been quoted as saying it will be supported. And when you think about it, why on earth would they put HDMI 2.1 ports on it if they had no intention of fully supporting HDMI 2.1 features??

The picture differences between the B9 and C9 are very minor... most people won't notice at all, even side by side.
Bloody hell i could have saved myself a few hundred then. I only went for the c9 as i thought it was the more future proof. Ah well, at least if i decide to go oled tv for my computer room i can get a b series.

Back
Top Bottom