Spec me a Hybrid.

Soldato
Straight to the point. It will be used primarily as a family car, and potentially used as a private hire later vehicle later on (think part time Uber).

Requirements are
2015 or newer.
Hybrid.
Budget: £15k Max.
Keep for 5-7 years.
High mpgzzz

I have looked into the Lexus Ct200h which seems to be a more fancier Prius, and I've seen plenty being used as private hires.

Is there anything else which I should consider?

EDIT: I have looked at diesels also, such as a the Mercedes e300 hybrid, but have read of some having issues with the batteries?

Alternatively I have also considered a diesel such as Octavia VRS/Passat but not sure if it's worth the risk now with how the government are banning away with diesels.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I really like the ct200h. What about a 330e although budget may be an issue there?

Totally forgot about the 330e. I think a decent one will be out of budget. Most lower than the budget are 100k miles or a little over. The ct200h's I've browsed are the 30-50k mile bracket.

Caporegime
Straight to the point. It will be used primarily as a family car, and potentially used as a private hire later vehicle later on (think part time Uber).

Requirements are
2015 or newer.
Hybrid.
Budget: £15k Max.
Keep for 5-7 years.
High mpgzzz

I have looked into the Lexus Ct200h which seems to be a more fancier Prius, and I've seen plenty being used as private hires.

Is there anything else which I should consider?

EDIT: I have looked at diesels also, such as a the Mercedes e300 hybrid, but have read of some having issues with the batteries?

Alternatively I have also considered a diesel such as Octavia VRS/Passat but not sure if it's worth the risk now with how the government are banning away with diesels.

If using as a taxi then get an Auris. The lexus is based 100% on the Auris and the Auris builds on from the Prius.

If personal car then get the Lexus.

I don't know why you would want drunken idiots throwing up in a lexus.

Associate
If you can find one within budget, the GS300h. I own a GS450h which I love but won’t get you the high MPGs you want. On my commute which is about 28 miles averaging about 16mph I’m averaging about 37MPG and driving from Bolton to Hertford on Friday I averaged 49MPG.

Soldato
If you can find one within budget, the GS300h. I own a GS450h which I love but won’t get you the high MPGs you want. On my commute which is about 28 miles averaging about 16mph I’m averaging about 37MPG and driving from Bolton to Hertford on Friday I averaged 49MPG.

The smallest engine in the Lexus GS is a 2.5L though. Probably overkill for a taxi. It will cost a lot more to run than a Toyota equivalent which have much smaller engines.

Soldato
Lexus use completely different engines than Toyota, also most of the interior equipment. It's not just a simple badge swap job like Audi/VW/Skoda :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Same as audi is a skoda with a posh badge.

I see a lot more skodas as taxis than I do audis.

Maybe think it through next time before commenting

I don't see anything special about a Lexis CT that should preclude it's use as a taxi.

Remember the most popular car for a taxi in many places is a Mercedes Benz.

Lexus use completely different engines than Toyota

What?

What is completely different about the 2ZR-FXE engine the CT uses versus the.... 2ZR-FXE engine in the Toyota?

Is this some sort of new use of the phrase of completely different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Most of the Lexus engines aren't available in Toyota models. They are usually much bigger.

You can remove the badge on the engine in Skodas and it has a VW one underneath. They didn't even go to the trouble of swapping it :D

Back
Top Bottom