New car for other half help us decide

Associate
We have narrowed it down to two, a ford kuga st line 1.5 ecoboost 19 plate 7000 miles or a kia sportage gt line 1.6 petrol with 10000 miles.

i know a normal car is better but after having her current focus for 6yrs she wants an crossover type car, she only does low milage so needs a petrol

now the kuga looks better and prob drives better but the sportage has a longer warranty and front and rear heated seats

anyone had both? Or anything else to consider?

Soldato
We've had a 63 plate Sportage 2 (diesel) since new and no problems whatsoever after 50,000. We're selling it this year but only because it's diesel, otherwise we'd just run it into the ground.

Soldato
I would say the Kuga, my mate had a derv one, but the turbo went on it, he then brought a Kia, it wasnt the Sportage, I cant remember what it was, but it was ugly, he hated it too after a week or so and now has another Kuga, he loves it.

The thing to think about is the future though and maintenance costs, the Kuga has the same engine as my fiesta, the Eco boost / Eco Sport, its all the same engine, just bigger etc, after only a couple of days with my fiesta, I can tell you I made the right choice even though mine did need a couple of things doing to it, one thing to bear in mind though is the timing belt is good for 150,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first, but when it does need changing, its about a £2000, 8 hour job, you have to take half of the engine apart to get the cover off and also require setting tools if you plan on doing it yourself.

Man of Honour
We've had a 63 plate Sportage 2 (diesel) since new and no problems whatsoever after 50,000. We're selling it this year but only because it's diesel, otherwise we'd just run it into the ground.

You're selling it purely because it's a diesel? This seems like a very odd decision, frankly it just adds to the reasons why you should just run it into the ground..

Soldato
And? It doesn't come in for another 2 years.

I don't know why I'm replying to you Fox because I know I'm probably making the wrong decision and there's no pleasing you unless I get a 320d or whatever ;).

We were at a crossroads anyway as to whether to sell it or keep it, what with not an extortinate amount of miles and a year's warranty left.

The diesel ban and CAZ are due March 2021 if it's on time, which it won't be, so you are probably more right about when it actually comes in. Even still, I live in the CAZ and work in the ban zone (not that I commute by car). We live South Bristol so when it does come in we'll a) have to pay to use it b) won't be able to get to to the motorway without going through the ban zone. In fact I'm not even sure what route we'd need to take to get to the M5(N) since the ban covers both the M32 and A4.

So that kind of made the decision we were already on the edge of making anyway. Even with it not coming in for ages I'm half tempted to give it to my in-laws in Watford to sell since every buyer around here will be aware of it.

And we're swapping to a Model 3, solely because of the BIK changes that come in in April. Enjoy your Saturday morning grimmicing ;).

You want it @Thebug ? :p

Back
Top Bottom