The Crown Netflix

Soldato
Finished Claire Foy and Matt Smith will be missed but have played their roles perfectly again this season, it was good having more backstory on Philip and the budget didn't feel as big this season it doesn't suffer from it in the slightest.

The Hans Zimmer score still sounds amazing when they use it throughout s2.

Soldato
Just started watching this. I avoided it because of the hype, and I find modern historical stuff tends to be a bit cheesy.

But wow it really has me hooked. Claire Foy and Matt Smith - brilliant.

I also like how it portrays Churchill as a bit of a bumbler as opposed to most that seem to hold him as god like. I'm glad I've found it.

Soldato
I'm really surprised how quiet this thread is.

The Crown is absolutely brilliant. Really enjoying season 3 so far, and have soon adjusted to the new cast.

Caporegime
Its not the sort of thing I'd have been into but I got into it late after season 2 had been released (partly because a mate of mine is in it) and damn it is good!

Just because it tells the story not just of the current Royal Family but also British Post War history.

Soldato
Let's be honest, theres plenty of storylines to be told regarding the royal family....including ones right now!

This is a show which can run and run.

Can't wait for the charles/camila/diana storyline or fergie....or thatcher....or harry in his early party days. Damn, so many good stories.

Caporegime
This season was OK... not exactly too exciting. The Aberfan episode was quite a powerful one, the coup was quite interesting too. Next season is likely to take it up a notch though, Princess Diana due to make an appearance and Maggie as the PM, played by Gillian Anderson too!

Soldato
This season was OK... not exactly too exciting. The Aberfan episode was quite a powerful one, the coup was quite interesting too. Next season is likely to take it up a notch though, Princess Diana due to make an appearance and Maggie as the PM, played by Gillian Anderson too!

Damn, I thought they were in this season. I've only watched the first one so far.

Soldato
Watched s3 yesterday, something felt off this season wonder if they changed the editors with the cast switch up, the first two seasons always had a feel of 'epic' about it this season felt lacking in that regard. Enjoyable and several of the episodes showed me things I'd never knew about.

Erin Doherty as Princess Anne was amazing casting, looking forward to s4.

Soldato
I've enjoyed all the series so far, looking forward to the next one. Though it is good for telling the story of the events, they are dramatised and of course some aren't quite how things happened. I suppose it depends on how much you already know and if you're interested in reading up more on things afterward.

I was surprised how many people I knew that saw it that hadn't really heard of Aberfan, it was fairly widely reported in the news in 2016 on the 50th anniversary.

Soldato
Echo what someone else said it didn't feel as epic as the first 2 seasons. Perhaps the budget was cut and it was rushed a bit.

But they got the castings spot on - they couldn't have got any better actors to play the roles.

Back
Top Bottom