• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Caporegime
e1868096889c754b84e2d97a4dcedcd616334763d85ce6a14154c765df5b187f.gif

:D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

And we're up and running, posting from 3960x now (after a noob moment of panic - didn't notice the 8 pin cpu connector had come unplugged from the psu - musn't have plugged it in properly from last build).

Benches incoming!

OcUK Staff
And we're up and running, posting from 3960x now (after a noob moment of panic - didn't notice the 8 pin cpu connector had come unplugged from the psu - musn't have plugged it in properly from last build).

Benches incoming!

Looking forward, I know 8 Pack was very impressed with 3960X hence why I said couple weeks back they game better than Ryzen 3 and 9900K and everyone called me out on it then benchmarks and reviews came confirming what I said.

Aim for a 4.2-4.4GHz all core clock is what should be possible and they hit advertised boost clocks under load on at least one core sometimes more. Same as Ryzen 3 memory at 3600Mhz with tighter timings is sweet spot.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

How you finding the board @amigafan2003 ?

Really good. Chipset fan and VRM fans are inaudible even under load and the VRMs seem really strong even with PBO on (pulling 350w on the cpu) with them never exceeding 60c under a Blender benchmark run.

Still figuring things out (first Asus board after a decade of Gibabyte boards) but yeah, I'd have no problem recommending it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

At the moment I'm rendering out a Premiere clip, compiling a Unity/Oculus VR app and doing a Blender run while playing WoW Classic - in game it's like the system is doing nothing else - and I can alt tab out, open a Photoshop or browser window with zero delay - it's astonishing.

Back
Top Bottom