Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I'm getting constant CTD's when trying to complete a home robbery side mission. I'm wondering if it's because I robbed the place earlier? Annoying.

Associate
hi all played the story game all the way through and thought it was awesome,then I hit a problem. I put my reselution to 3620x2036 instead of the 1400 I use, but then I tried to go back to 1400 it would exit the game.the game does play on 2036 well enough(and I can even put up the textures to high instead of med) but the ingame map has large stripes on it stopping me seeing all the details of map.my card is a gtx 1070.even tried a reinstall but the 2036 settings are still there.any ideas.thanks

Soldato
hi all played the story game all the way through and thought it was awesome,then I hit a problem. I put my reselution to 3620x2036 instead of the 1400 I use, but then I tried to go back to 1400 it would exit the game.the game does play on 2036 well enough(and I can even put up the textures to high instead of med) but the ingame map has large stripes on it stopping me seeing all the details of map.my card is a gtx 1070.even tried a reinstall but the 2036 settings are still there.any ideas.thanks

There will probably be a folder with your settings somewhere, probably my documents.

Here googled it for ya,
Find your save game folder here: C:\Users\\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Profiles

Last edited:
Associate
There will probably be a folder with your settings somewhere, probably my documents.

Here googled it for ya,
Find your save game folder here: C:\Users\\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Profiles
thank you imginy very good of you at the moment I am reinstalling RDR2

Last edited:
Associate
Recently completed this and am now starting again, without freezing/pausing this time.
Its very interesting as I know the characters names now and who they are later in the game

Man of Honour
Got to say, the online PVP in this is SO utterly pathetic.

Here is an example, you are on a trade run, with 500 dollars of items in your wagon. Couple of red players jump you and attack you. Ok, no issue there, its pvp after all. However, if you kill them, they respawn in 2 seconds , right back at you. End result, you can never break them off the attack because no matter how many times you kill them, they just insta-respawn right next to you and attack you again. What sort of moron came up with that pvp system? Why would they design it so the attacking player just respawns in a couple of seconds right next to you?? Why not make it so that if you kill the red player, he can respawn in 2 secs but it puts him at the nearest town. Or why not have a 30 sec respawn timer. Makes me think the game designers have never played a pvp game in their lives to implement instant right where you die respawns.

Associate
Got to say, the online PVP in this is SO utterly pathetic.
End result, you can never break them off the attack because no matter how many times you kill them, they just insta-respawn right next to you and attack you again.

That is why I will probably never do online (watch me break this rule after hammering the single player...)
I downloaded it a week ago but only now have enough time to get into this so will be starting shortly. Wish me luck.

Man of Honour
That is why I will probably never do online (watch me break this rule after hammering the single player...)
I downloaded it a week ago but only now have enough time to get into this so will be starting shortly. Wish me luck.

Online itself is really good, but the pvp mechanics are just dross. Literally any dev, or any tester could spend 10mins trying it and would say "hang on this isnt right". Its the 3rd time this has happened to me and funnily enough each time when Ive looked at their profiles, its been russian players. Its quite strange to me but every online game I have ever played, whenever I see someone being a **** they turn out to be russian. Dont know why that is or why russian gamers just seem to be a bunch of *******

Associate
Online itself is really good, but the pvp mechanics are just dross. Literally any dev, or any tester could spend 10mins trying it and would say "hang on this isnt right". Its the 3rd time this has happened to me and funnily enough each time when Ive looked at their profiles, its been russian players. Its quite strange to me but every online game I have ever played, whenever I see someone being a **** they turn out to be russian. Dont know why that is or why russian gamers just seem to be a bunch of *******

I've pretty much only played this online. I don't really do the pvp side of things, just like doing the missions, building up my camp, leveling up the roles etc. I stumbled across a couple of German guys last night, and even though I nearly accidentally blew one of there heads off (few beers deep) ended up doing a few bounty missions, wandering around hunting collectibles, very chilled and a good laugh. i have been on the end of what you talk about though, and it flipping annoying, and yes, mostly russkies!

Soldato
I’ve just got this and having a play around with the settings. I can’t seem to move the quality preset slider from balanced. Is that right?

Edit is frame rate locked to 60fps too?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom