LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Soldato
OP
*To take it for a 89 day spin*

Just kidding. That would be such a great experience. Way to rich for my blood though. Only way I would be able to justify spending that kind of money is having a few properties paid of providing me automated income :p

I’ll pull the trigger at 3.5k no problem but not any higher.

Installing a projector this week with a draper react screen so if that does the job, I might say goodbye to TVs in general.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’ll pull the trigger at 3.5k no problem but not any higher.

Installing a projector this week with a draper react screen so if that does the job, I might say goodbye to TVs in general.
Let us know how it goes with the projector :)

Not even looked at the price of the huge OLED screens so no idea if 3.5K is a good price, but that it is out of my range for sure.

Soldato
OP
Let us know how it goes with the projector :)

Not even looked at the price of the huge OLED screens so no idea if 3.5K is a good price, but that it is out of my range for sure.

They are 6k at the moment after price drops lol

I think projector will be the way forward tho.. some excellent low input lag ones and they are perfect for 21:9 gaming if you can get a screen size decent enough I think.

Jury is out on this alr screen tho as I haven’t used it yet.

Soldato
Soldato
So I take it people are moving their PC's to their living rooms now?
Cant see a 55"+ tv being comfortable to use on a typical desk setup.

That said I used a 40" for a year but I think that is about the limit.

Associate
I have a main desktop which i use for work (3900/2080ti) , then i have small ITX build (8700/1080ti) hooked up to the TV for casual games/movies, etc.

Problem is i totally forgot the GSYNC update only works with RTX and 16 series. So my options are to either get a long ass HDMI 2.1 extension cable or get a RTX card like the 2070 super which won't give me much of a difference to the 1080ti apart from having the newer HDMI inputs.

I went from buying a 55".. to a 65" and now looking at 2070 super cards... Not sure how his spiral out of control.. :eek:

Soldato
Sorry to butt in, but this thread seems to be the perfect place to ask this question...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/g-sync-plus-steam-in-home-streaming.18871529/

Basically, I have a new PC with a 2080, and I intend to hook up the old PC to a C9 (ignore the B9 mentioned in the OP) with a 1660 Ti.

If I stream Steam games from the main PC (via wired Ethernet), to the older PC hooked up to the C9, will the streamed games get the benefit of G-Sync??

Soldato
OP
So I take it people are moving their PC's to their living rooms now?
Cant see a 55"+ tv being comfortable to use on a typical desk setup.

That said I used a 40" for a year but I think that is about the limit.
55'' is fine on a desk if you use a custom 21:9 resolution. same physical width as a CRG9 but the FOV of a normal 21:9 monitor.

i like it as its less distortion but a similar feeling of immersion.

well i liked it aslong as i had it and preferred it to the crg9 in everything BUT the lack of a curve which is really neccesary.

Back
Top Bottom